Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I worry? It doesn't rain here often, however, it can come down pretty hard at times. Are these speakers and the other electronics going to be ok in a downpour?

·
Registered
205 Posts
It rains almost every day down here in the summer, and when it does, it comes down HARD - many times worse than standing in your shower...and I've ridden through some real "frog-stranglers" in my travels...even ice & snowstorms up north - Never had a problem with any of the electronics on any of my Harleys (except for an old P.O.S. AMF Shovelhead).

British & Italian bikes? Ha Ha Ha ! ...If you've been there, you know!

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
2015 FLTRUSE
12 Posts
Yes, all electronics are rainproof. Don't pressure wash your bike, and you'll be fine.
Copy that. Many Harley dealers provide a complimentary bike wash after having your bike serviced. If their detail person uses a pressure washer (like my dealer), be certain have them protect or avoid any electronics, particularly the handlebar controls. My guy pressure sprayed the handlebar controls and almost destroyed my cruise control electronics! Fortunately, they resumed functioning after drying out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts