Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hogworkz speaker pods. HD 6.5" grills. Dont fucking fit. Damn it.

Anyone running the hogworkz? What grills do you have?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
What doesn't fit specifically? I had the Hogworkz lowers with pods on my 2015 that @madmat has now. I was running the Harley speaker grills for the HD lowers and they fit perfect.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is my set up, John. The Hogworkz (https://hogworkz.com/6-5-inch-harley-lower-fairing-speaker-pod-mounts.html) is what I have with the Harley grills for lower fairings. Body shop that did painting did have to do a little minor massaging (filing) to make them fit flush. How is your set up not fitting?
Grill diameter is too large to drop in the opening. No amount of massaging is going to do it. Only thing I can think of is 1/2" spacers to push the speaker out about a 1/4 past the pod so the grill sits flush against the pod.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gimme 20 minutes and my angle grinder. They'll fit or be 47 dollar wall ornaments.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Left I'd what I took off. Right is stock. Still not close.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need to send the edges smooth and grind off the 4 nubs si it sits just in the pod to hide what I did. Lol. Sandpaper and paint. No one will ever know.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Holy crap! I had no issues fitting speakers. The filing was just to get it flush with the fairing lowers. The speakers fit perfectly on mine.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap! I had no issues fitting speakers. The filing was just to get it flush with the fairing lowers. The speakers fit perfectly on mine.
The speakers fit fine in the pods. The grills fit on the speakers just fine. It's the OD on the grill will not fit in the ID of the pod itself. By at least .25". It fits now that I took off the entire outer ring.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Secret is safe with us.
Lol. I'm not worried about y'all here. That's for sure. Finished. Waiting on the black screws from harley. I bought some cheap shit and painted them black. After I ground off all the excess material that was in the way. I sanded them smooth and hit them with 3 coats of Krylon. I didnt want the chrome bar and shields there anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John, care to recap your entire audio system now? i.e. source, amp etc.

Speaker pod install came out great by the way!
Music source is my S10+ Pandora or Amazon Music.
Amp is Biketronics BT 2180
Speakers are Biketronics Titan IIs
Bluetooth controller is the MTX stand alone

The bluetooth controller is the same as the Kuryakyn model. It's made by MTX. Just 60 bucks more. So I went with the source model. Hopefully only running this the summer. Want to have the fairing on by spring.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had issues with rear pod 6.5” speakers fitting due to depth. So I bought 1/2” plastic speaker spacers and bingo. Did the trick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts