Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of J&Ms for my RG about a year after getting the bike because the stock speaker sound quality was horrible. About a year ago I replaced the J&Ms with a set of Hog Tunes because again the sound started getting muffled and distorted. I thought that it was probably just the nature of the beast seeing how I've been caught in the rain from time to time, but now about a year after putting a set of Hog Tunes in it I'm seeing the same issue again. Now I'm finding it hard to believe that in 24 months I've gone through 3 sets of speakers. Any ideas besides getting ear buds and using an ipod?

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
well, I don't have a specific answer for you ,,,,

speakers can wear out, but generally the more modern speakers with plastic cones etc, don't degrade with time like the older paper cone speakers did ,,,,

purchase a set of the J&M ROKKER 7.25's ,,,, you will be impressed by the increase in performance over what you have now & they are warranted for as long as you own them ,,,,,

and if you DO add an amp in the future, the J&M ROKKERs will liven up even more ,,,,,

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
hogtunes have 20 year warranty on the speakers, give em a call.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
J&M brand speakers are warranted to the original purchaser FOREVER ,,,,,,

Having said that, I think that it would be more important to most riders, which brand of speakers PERFORMED the best, not just which warranty was the longest ,,,,

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I don't have a specific answer for you ,,,,

speakers can wear out, but generally the more modern speakers with plastic cones etc, don't degrade with time like the older paper cone speakers did ,,,,

purchase a set of the J&M ROKKER 7.25's ,,,, you will be impressed by the increase in performance over what you have now & they are warranted for as long as you own them ,,,,,

and if you DO add an amp in the future, the J&M ROKKERs will liven up even more ,,,,,
I would love to get a pair of the Rokkers 7.25's and even add an amp to the equation at some point.

I will have to give you a call to discuss getting these checked out and just go from there. I would also like to get an opinion on dynamat and if it would help acoustics seeing how the RG fairing is big and empty. Hell it may just be my ears that are going bad and not the speakers, lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Installation fairly simple for a 2011 Road Glide Ultra? Looking at doing the 500 watt amp and 4 new speakers.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts