Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get speaker bag lids. Other than the CVO option, any others out their. Pics?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hog tunes 6x9
cycle sound 6x9 (have these)
cycle sound double up 6x9 (going to these)
sinister top flight 6x9
Fairing factory 6x9 and double 6.5 lids

There are a couple more but can't remember the makers hope this helps

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Ive been told by a guy who has installed over 40 speaker lids and he says Hog tunes are the best fitting and require the least amount of body prep.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Depends if you want their speakers or not. You can buy Hogtunes off of Ebay for about $270 with no speakers. I'll be ordering a set this winter, and run some Hertz in there.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I like the Hogtunes lids also, I already have the Cycle Sounds but I'm about to get my bike painted. ....so who knows, does it ever end $$$$$$$$$ :eek: :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the CVO lids with Biketronics 6x9 adapters and Hybrid 6x9 speakers. Fit great since they are from Harley and I think total I have around $600 in them.

Mine's the primer RG on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Hogtunes, you can get then from Direct Cycle Parts or EasternPerformance.

Sidecar Cycles have a 6.5 setup where they cut out your stock lids & mount a 6.6 speaker in it. All of them have your pros & cons.. Good luck ..

·
3,318 Posts
Depends if you want their speakers or not. You can buy Hogtunes off of Ebay for about $270 with no speakers. I'll be ordering a set this winter, and run some Hertz in there.
That guy on FleaBay will accept $265 shipped on the "make offer" LOL that's what I paid for my HogTunes lids :thumbup:

·
3,318 Posts
Great deal. I saw his sale for $270. I was skeptic on dealing with him with that really low price he offered. I'm glad it worked out for you..

Couple guys on chopped had bought from him prior and turned me on to it and his bottom price.......took some of the "worry" outta it

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I'm gonna pull the trigger today. What's the difference, good bad, between the Hog Tunes and Cycle sounds? Style, function, ??? Thanks

1 - 20 of 47 Posts