Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has gotten any of the aftermarket speaker lids on their bikes? Which ones do you have? How do you like them? What size speaker are you running? Do you have any water issues? Do they LEAK? How much did you spend on painting them to match your stock paint?

Thanks for your replies, I am looking at getting some lids just haven't decided which ones and would like some others input.
Does anyone have the new Harley lids & speakers?

Again Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to add to my joys of lookin for lids I now have a 2015 CVO RGU so trying to find speaker lids that will work with the electric locks of the CVO it is even harder.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unless your life would be incomplete without 2 sets of lids?
They make kits to cut your stock lids...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To the best of my knowledge none of the speaker lid kits will work with the CVO power locks. Other than HD lids that is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have OEM speaker lids on my 09 RG and Dirty Bird 6x9 speaker lids on my 06 SG. i do believe the Dirty Bird ones i have are now discontinued and replaced with their 8" diameter ones.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I used the Rockford Fosgate kit and cut my OEM lids to use their mounting brackets, which hold 6x9s. Harley lids hold 5x7s and I have cut the backs off the baskets, inside the bag, so that I could run 5x7s with larger magnets. I do know Bad Dad offers speaker lids and they can paint them OEM colors prior to shipping.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Who has gotten any of the aftermarket speaker lids on their bikes? Which ones do you have? How do you like them? What size speaker are you running? Do you have any water issues? Do they LEAK? How much did you spend on painting them to match your stock paint?

Thanks for your replies, I am looking at getting some lids just haven't decided which ones and would like some others input.
Does anyone have the new Harley lids & speakers?

Again Thanks
I do no have speakerlids but I went thru the process and the home work I did led me to Bad Dad did some checking around and the service writer at the dealership said after installing several that they really were a top shelf product it was the top shelf price that changed my mind good web site as well

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fosgate. The kit is perfect. Around $500 and guaranteed to work with your stuff. I've had mine fill up like soup bowls and not a drop inside. The speakers aren't bad for the money and if they blow you can throw in a sweet set of hybrids or Hertz. They are true 6x9s not harleys crappy 5x7.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I still have not had any water intrusion issues with my Rockford cut-in speakers. I did swap the Rockford speakers themselves out to another brand and still no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts