Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started looking for speaker lids for my 13 RGU... Any recommendations? Anybody out there send them colormatched to stock colors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
How do you keep your saddle bags from getting soaked?
What I wound up doing is running a thin bead of RTV gasket sealer around the speaker hole in the lid and a dab on the screw holes. I also bought a cheap pair of soft vinyl lid covers that I can throw on when I'm caught in heavy rain. I just roll those up and keep them in each saddlebag. I also use Polk audio speakers which are water resistant but not proof hence the cheap vinyl covers

Reactions: dinggus

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
What I wound up doing is running a thin bead of RTV gasket sealer around the speaker hole in the lid and a dab on the screw holes. I also bought a cheap pair of soft vinyl lid covers that I can throw on when I'm caught in heavy rain. I just roll those up and keep them in each saddlebag. I also use Polk audio speakers which are water resistant but not proof hence the cheap vinyl covers
Do those allow the speakers to point forward at all like HT or just straight up ?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Do those allow the speakers to point forward at all like HT or just straight up ?
They are straight up and very basic. They are very sturdy lids and fit fine. I was able to use all the stock hardware with the exception of the screws that hold the latches to the lid behind the lid gasket. I had to get shorter screws. Actually I just cut them shorter after everything was assembled.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
They are straight up and very basic. They are very sturdy lids and fit fine. I was able to use all the stock hardware with the exception of the screws that hold the latches to the lid behind the lid gasket. I had to get shorter screws. Actually I just cut them shorter after everything was assembled.
Can you hear them riding at highway speed ? Been thinking about keeping 4 speakers in the summer when I remove my lowers.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Can you hear them riding at highway speed ? Been thinking about keeping 4 speakers in the summer when I remove my lowers.
Very little at highway speeds but your passenger will hear them better than you will as they are behind you. Around town with the radio turned up I can't hear the bike running though.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
At highway speeds most of the sound will come from the fairing speakers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hogtunes

My Hogtunes fit perfect and hold 6x9s. I am running them with the RF PBR. I can hear mine at Highway Speeds. The guys I ride with get mad at me because its so loud. (One of them is Jealous and the other guy hates loud music unless its Country) Wired myself and the Lids come with everything you need.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
My Hogtunes fit perfect and hold 6x9s. I am running them with the RF PBR. I can hear mine at Highway Speeds. The guys I ride with get mad at me because its so loud. (One of them is Jealous and the other guy hates loud music unless its Country) Wired myself and the Lids come with everything you need.

Same here. 6x9 Hertz. I can hear them at highway speeds with all of the others off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts