·
Registered
111 Posts
Great option to bump it up to 6.5"s!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i want a pair of recessed are you using stock head unit or amp and how are these mounted?
Stock head unit with amp. Arc KS125.2 pushes fairing and fairing lower speakers. The pods bolt in place of the glove box, using 1/4 bolt that holds the fairing lower to mounting bracket, one well nut, and one screw per side.

·
Registered
513 Posts
it will still be awhile before i go to add lowers but when i do i will want speakers in them. i am curious if you would do a painted set and how much would they run.

·
Registered
513 Posts
perfect. thank you sir.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't have lowers, but you are an artist when it comes to the glass. Much respect. They look great!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Another option for the vented lowers, if you can convince your local dealer to help you out.

New HD part # 76000209 Boom Audio Custom Touring System DOES NOT use the 5.25 in fairing lower speakers that are sold under part # 76000050, it uses a 6.5 lower fairing speaker (part # 76000201). Here's the tricky part, the 6.5s do not fit in the standard glove box opening like the 5.25s do. When the custom kit is shipped, it is shipped with a separate speaker housing that takes the place of the glove box (see the 2012 CVO StreetGlide). Harley does not sell the housing separately. They only cost $33 a piece primed. The 6.5 speakers cost $89 a piece. Convince your local HD dealer to sell you the 6.5 housings and you have flush mount 6.5s in your lowers for about $250 plus painting.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres an install on vented fairing lowers I did using 6.5" Exile speakers and CVO speaker boxes. The speaker grills are obtained from www.simplyspeakers.com, and installed with a spacer behind the grills and flipping in inner ring over to give the grill something to fit over. Easy deal, and sounds great.

Heres a pic of the speaker placed in the speaker box. I had to trim the mounting tangs just a bit so that it would fit flush.

Speaker grill (from www.simplyspeakers.com) mounted. Its sits flush with speaker pod face. Really worked out well in that the Exile speaker has a large raised tweeter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.