Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to guage interest with speaker pods for Hogg Chopps in that Im entertaining the idea of building some. Would love to hear what would work with these, ie size speaker etc.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I'd for sure go for a set. 6.5 would be a good size to do because there are a lot of options for that size of speaker.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive left a message with Andy of Hogg Chopps to get a feel for his product. Maybe I'll hear from him today.

Ive looked at the PDF file in regards to the glove box mounting. It seems this design will prove challenging. I think I would have to make a U shaped tunnel to fit over the crash bar. The question becomes how much clearance is there for the speaker magnet, and how much more labor intensive will this design be over the speaker pods for HD Roadglide lowers, translated in price.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Interested, but would have to see the end result. For $400 with the speaker kit, minus the speakers of course, primed would not be a bad price in comparison to HD lowers without speaker kit. Let us know

·
Registered
656 Posts
Kevin even though I went with the HD lowers I think I can donate my old engine guard to the cause. Let me see if I can find it tonight.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My idea would be to build a set of pods that would bolt into the hogg chops. It would be around $400 in primer for a pair. Maybe that sounds high, but its time consuming as hell, and my time is valuable to me. To take this idea any further I need a set of hogg chopps. I could buy a set or if someone has some patience and was interested in the idea you could be the first with a set.

MassHD, that would be great. Just let me know.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I went to e-bay to see if there would be a reasonable used set to buy; surprisingly, there are none listed for sale.

Kind of says something about customer satisfaction of Hogg Chopps...no one is selling theirs. There are lots of HD lowers to be had though.

I figure considering the cost of buying non-vented Road Glide lowers and then buying the lower speaker boxes or having the 2010 fairing lift done on my 2009, plus buying the regular HD lowers and speaker boxes; it would still be cheaper to buy Sincecrazy's Hogg Chopps speaker boxes. And, if you buy them once, you're done...

Keep us posted please!

·
Registered
451 Posts
At $400 primed, I am very interested. The Hogg Chopps would look much better with a speaker pod. They look good from the front, but are butt ugly from the rear. The pod would clean that up nicely.
Let me know if you are building....I'd buy a set right away.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts