Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-did some wiring inside the fairing today ang somehow got my radio output wires crossed. I have a stock HK head, and a RF PBR300x4 amp. I have 2 Polk DXI 650's in the inner and 2 Polk 6500's components in the upper. I need help figuring out which are the (+) and (-) HK radio outputs to feed into my amp. The two wires on the right side are grey/red and light green/black. The two on the left side are white/orange and light green/white.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not at the house right now so can't look it.
Do you not have the ends of the wires (connectors)?
They are different sizes so I you have the old speakers you can either look at the male connectors on the speakers and go from there.
Or if you have a volt ohm meter, just put it on the wires coming out the radio and at low output check the polarity. If the output is positive you have the correct polarity. In other words the red wire is the positive output of the radio

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have the old connectors. I had hooked to the connectors that the speaker connector plugged to. I will check it with my volt meter. Still let me know what you find out. Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
Drinking beer right now at the local watering hole, but if you have a volt meter you're golden!
It's real easy to figure out. If you wanna make sure of what you are seeing, just reverse the leads on the wires and the polarity on the distal readout will go to brag active. Just put a piece of tape on the positive or write it down. Like I said, I have the manual, but I still checked it with my meter. That's the cocksure way to know!!! LOL!!!
BTW, you'll love that amp!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the go-ahead on the volt meter. Will do it at first daylight. Sounds like a winner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts