Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is a money trap!! LOL!!! And I love it!

Here is my question: I am looking at adding two more speaker to the inside of my inner faring (I know they will need to be cut out). I currently have Hertz 6.5 in the inner faring and Polk audio (Think about replacing) in my lower faring. What are good speakers that add a bit more bass?

Can a 6.5 or 6x9 go in the inner faring? I currently have a PBR 300x4 but is willing to purchase another amp. I do not want to add anything to the bags so I am trying to do the best I can up front.

Thanks for your assistance! Walt

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I've only seen pics of some inners with 6x9's. Probably have to do a bit of chopping to the inner. Have you thought about just upgrading the 6.5's you have now? Not sure what Hertz brand you have. The Xl's rock. Maybe a set of them in the stock location and moving the other hertz to the lowers. Or look into the Spl series and add the ST25 tweeters to the lower gauge holes. You've got options galore.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have the Hertz HCX 165 6.5 in the uppers. I have honestly thought about getting rid of the Polk Audios!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I would move the Hcx 165 down to the lowers and order a set of the Hertx Xl 165's for the stock location. It will sound great as long as you use a good amp.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pricey! Yikes!! LOL!

SO I take it my PBR 300x4 will not do this set-up any justice? Luckily I have a buyer for the PBR and Polk. What's a good amp for this setup?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hopefully DBELL will jump in and answer your question. I don't run amps up front. The one I run has to go in the bag. Arc Audio, Soundstream 540, and Rockford has a new line of amps out now that will fit in the fairing. . Couple of guys have fit the JL XD 400 / 4 up front. It's tight from what I've seen.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Ok, since I was mentioned I'll give an opinion, lol. I have the Infinity Kappa 62.11i in my inner, plenty of range including bass, only cutting is the hole to mount them, you keep your glove boxes. The 300×2 would be a better amp, the Infinity is 2ohm. I prefer other amps besides the PBR because of the power supply and heat, but that's another story.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dbell - I like that price a lot better!!! LOL!! What Amp do you run?

And the speaker do well with the Hertz? I need to replace the Polks.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Dbell - I like that price a lot better!!! LOL!! What Amp do you run?

And the speaker do well with the Hertz? I need to replace the Polks.
I'm currently running 4 Hawgwired amps in my fairing, I like the HW because of the size, power, and remote access, (not to mention dependability and great customer service), they may be a little pricey, but it's what I prefer. I currently have Focal KR's in the OEM spot, Infinity 62.11i in the inner, Infinity 693.11i in the lowers, and Focal PC 690's in my lids. I'm getting ready to go with 2 sets of Hertz HCX 690's in the lids..... I'll post how that works out, they'll be powered by the one RS400 amp I have in the fairing, my other 3 amps are CS300's. I have never had Hertz before, but I went with them because they are 4 ohm, and I really want to see what they are like for myself. The Focal PC's are 4 ohm also, but I wanted to change things up, had the Infinity's been 4 ohm.......... I'm sure I would've went that route first.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Deadstroke..... I'm still thinking about going to your setup, but single DIN, if I do, it'll be next year, my pocket is about done for this year. $$$$ :eek: $$$$$

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Lol. And it's only April. DBELL you sure your done this year. I said the same thing about a monthago.
It's never done...... but I'm trying to convince myself, and that's the story I'm telling my wife. ...... and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This year I have bought Fairing Lowers, Chopped Tour Pak, and I am trying to do a system upgrade. I am finished after this... Ok, I am looking at the HW Amp and 2 more pair of Hertz for the lower fairing and inner faring.

I wanted a little bass upfront because I am not doing anything in the bags this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts