Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i wanna ask what 6.5 speakers everyone is using? I plan on putting two up front and two in the tour pack when sidecarcycles comes out with the adapters. Also, I have the hogtunes 7" subs in my lowers. Should i keep them or buy the CVO pods and put 6.5s down there as well. I am going to be running two PBR amps as well. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
The speakers you use depend on what you like, and how much you want to spend. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd go with top of the line Focals, But I don't. :(

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
seems like speaker preference is about as personal prefrence as seats / windshields or handle bars.

After hearing several setups at SW2, I went with a setup from Hawg Wired.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure they are badass but im planning on possibly running three sets and at 250 a set i would have to sell a kidney. lol

·
Registered
987 Posts
Drago's sells everything from Hawg Wired less than the list price. Check with Frank you might be able to get them close to your price range. I have ZX speakers and amp and could not be happier.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is badass but damn i would have around 1000 dollars in just speakers not including amps, stereo and wiring. lol Is there any kind of sell coming up? Or how about a Military discount or layaway since i wont be home from Afghanistan till May.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
I did allot of research before I jumped in, basically my first parts list was an economical build using the Roford Fostgate amp and polk 6.5" speakers.

you'll want to make sure the speakers you end up with and the amp are rated for the same ohms.

Allot of people run this setup and report a major improvement over the stock system.

amp (comes in 2 or 4 channel):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X2-2-Channel-Amp-300W-/261125938753?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccc519e41

A member on the boards sells a custom mounting bracket for this amp as well, makes for a simple install.

I happened to get lucky and score a HW setup used at a great price.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i realize this. I am wanting to do the PBR 4 channel amps and i cant find anywhere saying that they are 2 ohm stable so im just gonna go with some RF 4ohm speakers or some Cadence 4ohm speakers.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can someone share the part numbers to the CVO lower speaker pods and grilles with me?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Yeah i realize this. I am wanting to do the PBR 4 channel amps and i cant find anywhere saying that they are 2 ohm stable so im just gonna go with some RF 4ohm speakers or some Cadence 4ohm speakers.
The 4 channel PBR will not handle a 2 OHM load. There have been a couple members on here that found out the hard way.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Is there any kind of sell coming up?
Hawg Wired has their 25% off sale about once a year around XMAS, going on now - it doesn't seem to last long

If I were starting over, I'd get the Royal Flush and sell off what I couldn't use

BUT

MAY is a long time away, saying that spring CES in Vegas always brings new players to the table, or GOODIES

Hawg Wired is switching to a 150x2 chain 'em along system for amps, first of the year, about $300 /ea on the amps, $89 for the remote

basically what they have now, but lighter, no satellites

but the actual voicings on the ZX speakers are VERY GOOD, you'll hear stuff you've missed in the recordings

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm in the process of swapping out my current set-up for Hawg Wired. Got a set of ZX's coming for my CVO pods, and then I'm going to order a set for up top. After I get them in place, if I'm not happy, I'll change amps and add some more!

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have decided on everything. Im going with a JVC deck with two PBR 4 channels amps and 4 sets of Cadence 6.5 speakers. Two in front where they belong, two down in the front fairing in between the bars, two in CVO lowers and also two in the rear tourpack pods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts