Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine has a 15 he is wanting some pimp juice for the radio. My last experience was with my 08 with modding the radio. Questions I have:

1. Speaker lids - what options are out there, and how much $? Also are they worth it, or is it more for the parade mode of riding?

2. Fairing - Room for 6.25? Adapter brackets needed? Room for amp on top of radio like on the old ones? How does the fairing come off in relation to the old ones?

3. Amp - I always like to the Arc mini amp. Anyone on the forum selling them? Any other amps equal to quality and physical size?

4. Can-bus system - Are the new bikes can bus? Anything special to ignition tie in to power amp?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Friend of mine has a 15 he is wanting some pimp juice for the radio. My last experience was with my 08 with modding the radio. Questions I have:

1. Speaker lids - what options are out there, and how much $? Also are they worth it, or is it more for the parade mode of riding?

2. Fairing - Room for 6.25? Adapter brackets needed? Room for amp on top of radio like on the old ones? How does the fairing come off in relation to the old ones?

3. Amp - I always like to the Arc mini amp. Anyone on the forum selling them? Any other amps equal to quality and physical size?

4. Can-bus system - Are the new bikes can bus? Anything special to ignition tie in to power amp?

1) Can't answer to that as I am only doing an amp and fairing speakers.

2) Yes there is room for 6.5" speakers and no adapter is needed. You may have clearance issues with the stock grilles depending on what speakers you choose. I went with Infinity Kappa 62.11i and there is definite clearance issues to negotiate with those speakers. No room for ANYTHING on top of the factory head unit or the sides of the fairing on a '15 RGS. Only place you are putting an amp in a '15 RGS is under the factory HU or in one of the bags. Fairing comes off and goes back on MUCH easier than previous models.

3) I went with a RF T400X2ad amp. Can't attest to the Arc Mini but I have read positive things about it.

4) I ran the power and ground for my amp directly to the battery terminals per the recommendations of someone who knows WAY more than I do about audio. YRMV

Surely one of the audiophiles will chime in with answers to the questions I did not/could not address.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
i LIKED YOUR 2008

mods and all

hearing your system at gettysburg got me into buying and trying every product made in 2011-2012, elfs ran a little hot, PRB 4 channel was a step ahead, and the 2 channel, very reliable, soundstream is like a hot rodded PBR, requires a ferrite core to suppress noise, hawg wired came down in price and ditched the twin transformers design and are almost pocket rocket sized at 400/2 -

lately it's been much about hertz again, as the italian/french embargo has lifted

new bike, 2015 I'm still waiting to do some figuring, 6.5 stock, factory speaker boxes kill all hopes of spare room, as stated, under the radio

what is the best amp under there, not sure

I love my lids, keep killing ovals on the 2:1 side, when force through rain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts