Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two years ago i upgraded to boom audio amp and speakers. While bike is sitting there i can turn them all the way up and everything is fine. While riding i can only go to half volume before they start cutting in and out. Kinda sounds like a cd skipping. Am i just pushing them to hard? Doesn't make since to me if they work fine at idle. If someone has had this problem please let me know.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
So two years ago i upgraded to boom audio amp and speakers. While bike is sitting there i can turn them all the way up and everything is fine. While riding i can only go to half volume before they start cutting in and out. Kinda sounds like a cd skipping. Am i just pushing them to hard? Doesn't make since to me if they work fine at idle. If someone has had this problem please let me know.
My RF PBR 300 X2 did the same thing. Replaced the amp and all is good.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Sounds like amp clipping. If you watch the you tube video from Paul yaffee and Rockford fosgate, they describe how to setup the amp one you install it. One of the things they mentioned it's to turn the the AVM all the way off. If it is on it will cause the amp to"clip" our shut down just like you describe. Try cycling through your audio program until you get to the AVP(AVM) then turn it all the way off and see if it still does this when riding.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Sounds like amp clipping. If you watch the you tube video from Paul yaffee and Rockford fosgate, they describe how to setup the amp one you install it. One of the things they mentioned it's to turn the the AVM all the way off. If it is on it will cause the amp to"clip" our shut down just like you describe. Try cycling through your audio program until you get to the AVP(AVM) then turn it all the way off and see if it still does this when riding.
I always left the avc on, I like the convenience. I tried turning it off once trouble started but it didn't help me. My pbr 300x2 worked flawless for 6 months until a 4 hr ride on a 98 degree day 80 % humidity. Thats what killed it , I believe.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Is there a amp that is just plug and play, that would replace the harley one?
There are a few companies that make plug & play amps such as J&M. There is a used J&M amp in the parts 4 sale section now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts