Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting on my system and I would like to know which speakers will fit in the inside fairing area. I know fosgate makes some shallow mount speakers, but who else does. I have ordered the hertz hcx 165s for the stock location and wondered if hertz makes some speakers that will fit on the inside and keep the pockets.

Also, I am going with alpine deck and rf pbr 300 amp. Will the amp fit on top of the deck or do I really need an amp bracket like hw or hdonuts? Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think there was a thread somewhere about the max depth the speaker could be to fit without cuttiing the gloveboxes up. Im sure richierich or dbell will chime in soon so be patient. I have no experience with this since I only use the factory locations.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the Polks DXi650s inside my inner Fairing, Fits perfectly without any glove box cutting. As for mounting the amp, I just used a piece of sheet metal I had laying around and made my own bracket. I also have the PBR300X4 for the Fairing setup-and will be adding the 300x2 for the Lid speakers in a couple weeks...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am starting on my system and I would like to know which speakers will fit in the inside fairing area. I know fosgate makes some shallow mount speakers, but who else does. I have ordered the hertz hcx 165s for the stock location and wondered if hertz makes some speakers that will fit on the inside and keep the pockets.

Also, I am going with alpine deck and rf pbr 300 amp. Will the amp fit on top of the deck or do I really need an amp bracket like hw or hdonuts? Thanks
I have the HCX165 in the stock location and ECX125 in the lower part of the inner fairing facing the forks. Fits nicely and no cutting of the glove boxes. Just do a lot of measuring to get the exact location.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Polks DXi650s inside my inner Fairing, Fits perfectly without any glove box cutting. As for mounting the amp, I just used a piece of sheet metal I had laying around and made my own bracket. I also have the PBR300X4 for the Fairing setup-and will be adding the 300x2 for the Lid speakers in a couple weeks...
I have some Polk DB651's lying around, I wonder if they are similar to your DX650s.

My buddy that is putting my stereo in for me usually mounts the amp on top of the head unit. He has never worked on a roadglide before and I am a stereo moron. Is there room to put the amp on top of the head unit?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the HCX165 in the stock location and ECX125 in the lower part of the inner fairing facing the forks. Fits nicely and no cutting of the glove boxes. Just do a lot of measuring to get the exact location.
What are the ECX125s? I cant find those. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have some Polk DB651's lying around, I wonder if they are similar to your DX650s I believe those DB651's are the same as the Dx650s, size wise.

My buddy that is putting my stereo in for me usually mounts the amp on top of the head unit. He has never worked on a roadglide before and I am a stereo moron. Is there room to put the amp on top of the head unit?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im running Hog Wired ZXs in inner fairing. Small amount of cutting on the glove box (can still fit my wallet and smokes in each side) But the sound is worth it!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On Hertz website the do have shallow mount 6.5 woofers. EV F165.5s. Man, I ordered a 300x2 and In am thinking I should have got a 300x4!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Infinity also makes a shallow mount that fits fine, I started with the RF's but changed to the Infinity, IMO the Infinity sounds better, but thats just my opinion. If you going with the RF amp, the 300x2 is 2ohm stable, the 300x4 is 4ohm, so in a way you're getting close to the same amp. I prefer the 300x2, it can be adjusted more, though I'm running Hawgwired at the present time. I getting ready to do some more tweaking to my audio, and I'm going to see if I can get a set of Kappas to fit in the inner fairing, I'll post the results.

·
Registered
671 Posts
On Hertz website the do have shallow mount 6.5 woofers. EV F165.5s. Man, I ordered a 300x2 and In am thinking I should have got a 300x4!
The 300x2 will work just fine. It is rated at 4 or 2 ohms.. The speakers you are looking at are 4 ohms each.. So you connect them in parallel. (Left channel to both left speakers.. Pos to Pos for both wires) Do the same for the right channel..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts