Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone got a question I have a 2016 Road Glide solar eclipse Edition pretty ironic LOL and it has the boom 2 audio upgrade front speakers and amp , saddlebag speakers and amp and these speakers are garbage I keep blowing them up getting fuzzy farting I wanted to know if anybody knows of good upgrade speakers ... I talked to J&M but they said that the boom 2 has their own sort of system you have to use their speakers with the amps don't know if I'm understanding that correctly ... I had the J&M XXR 's and they rocked in my Street Glide and a blew this thing out of the water. I'm looking for the best upgrade ... money is not an issue thanks for any input or Insight on this boom 2 crap and why you just can't drop in different speakers unless I misunderstood ... thanks again

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good afternoon everyone got a question I have a 2016 Road Glide solar eclipse Edition pretty ironic LOL and it has the boom 2 audio upgrade front speakers and amp , saddlebag speakers and amp and these speakers are garbage I keep blowing them up getting fuzzy farting I wanted to know if anybody knows of good upgrade speakers ... I talked to J&M but they said that the boom 2 has their own sort of system you have to use their speakers with the amps don't know if I'm understanding that correctly ... I had the J&M XXR 's and they rocked in my Street Glide and a blew this thing out of the water. I'm looking for the best upgrade ... money is not an issue thanks for any input or Insight on this boom 2 crap and why you just can't drop in different speakers unless I misunderstood ... thanks again
The Boom 2 requires the Boom amp and vice versa no way around it.

You're only limit is your budget but you'll need to start from scratch.

Karl is on hiatus atm with regards to systems, soundzcustomz offers some bad ass setups, then there's Bagger Audio Lab, BadAzz Bikes and a few others that can get you exactly what you want.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Bagger Audio Lab will be able to make what you want happen.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Interesting. SlowRide (Karl) recently sold me a pair of speakers to replace my Boom 2 that work just fine with the Boom 2 Amp. Speakers were plug-n-play. Hawg Wired NX652-80 speakers is what I replaced the Boom 2 with.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Call Peter at Soundz Customz.... go to audio section on here and look for ANOTHER SOUNDS UPGRADE thread and watch my video...

The system sells itself when heard in person... I have installed 9 systems to date just off people hearing my scoot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
any 2 ohm speaker would work just fine

·
Registered
88 Posts
Call Peter at Soundz Customz.... go to audio section on here and look for ANOTHER SOUNDS UPGRADE thread and watch my video...

The system sells itself when heard in person... I have installed 9 systems to date just off people hearing my scoot

^^^^True Story^^^^ will be my place to go to when ready.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The Boom 2 system uses (1) 4 channel 300w amp to power the front speakers. HD separate the tweeters from the midrange speaker and powers each off of a channel from the amp. They do the same for the rear speakers with another 4 channel 300w amp. In essence HD is treating them like 8 separate speakers. If you have that setup and you replace the fronts with Kappa 62.11i and the rear with some other speaker, what are you going to do with the unused channels? Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I believe the Boom 2 is wired up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you want to get out of it on the cheap(money wise) you can do a Cerwin Vega B54 amp, and then get the Infinity Kappas along witht the Biketronics BT355 line levelers and call it good.

Now will it be on the level as Spazz's? Hell no, but he has a stereo problem and has not yet gone to seek help for it. LOL

The system I used above will sound so much better than the boom crap and not break the bank, however you can always spend more and get better speakers, or a better amp(s) and go way off the deep end if you want. It really depends on how much money you want to drop on the audio, and what you are looking for.

Hope this didnt muddy the water too much.

Mike

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't have a 'stereo problem'... it just gets louder and better each time I throw a mortgage payment ( or 2) at it... WHERE'S THE PROBLEM?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Guys with "problems" go to meetings. Do you go to meetings?
Nope... I don't need help... im fine... trust me!!!

And don't try to trick me with an intervention...not gonna work... seen the show

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Budget = what you do
Im stepping up this winter with PA speakers, and different amps. Done playing around

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh you have a problem alright and I'm pissed as hell that I havent been able to swoop in and grab one of your "mistakes" on the cheap......YET! :wink:

BTW not everyone with a "problem" goes to "meetings". Some dont see it as a "problem", and some dont admit when the have a "problem".

I think I'm going to wait until Spazz solves his "problem" and then take care of my "problem" once and only once by getting what his solution is and calling it good. Then.... NO PROBLEM!:laugh:

YMMV

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input guys .... So I called Soundz Customz and spoke with Sue the guys are on the road and it turns out they're going to be down at the South tip of Jersey on September 8th about a 3 hour drive from me going to take the bike down there they're going to pull everything out change my amps and speakers going for the top-end package can't wait to get rid of this crap .... Sue said to listen to the systems when I get there and pick out which speakers I want and that some guys go one step down from the ones that are more money not that it's really a step down just that they feel they sound better ... any input on what I should be listening to or at ... Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the input guys .... So I called Soundz Customz and spoke with Sue the guys are on the road and it turns out they're going to be down at the South tip of Jersey on September 8th about a 3 hour drive from me going to take the bike down there they're going to pull everything out change my amps and speakers going for the top-end package can't wait to get rid of this crap .... Sue said to listen to the systems when I get there and pick out which speakers I want and that some guys go one step down from the ones that are more money not that it's really a step down just that they feel they sound better ... any input on what I should be listening to or at ... Thanks so much
You cant go wrong with your decision...

Sue is an awesome lady! Love her to death! When you hear any of there systems up close and personal, you will truly understand.

I'm running (4) Carbon 65's in faring and lowers and (2) Iron 57's in the lids... all powered by their SC4.100 amp.

True meaning of high quality audio for any scoot when you go Soundz.

Tell Peter Spazz says hello when you get to their site.

Great choice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2016 Road Glide Special and except for the exhaust it's pretty much stock, I am old disabled and retired. I looked at Soundz Customz as many of you recommend but they are nowhere close to me in Southern Oregon dink town, and will never come even close to me except for Sturgis and frankly I know I will be dead before I can get a reservation in that town during their bike week. I still want to get better sounds out of the Motorcycle. Even if I went with the Harley upgrade I would have to travel 100's of miles to dealer. any constructive advise?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Rick, you can do it yourself. If you are doing a "simple system" (amp and speakers) you can order everything and have it shipped to you.

The actuall installation can be done in as little as a few hours and at most a weekend.

The fairing is easy peasy to remove on the Rushmore Sharks and the install is very straightforward.

There are a bunch of videos on youtube on how to remove the fairing, and the seat and fuel tank are a breeze to remove.

I did a writeup on my install here http://www.roadglide.org/53-audio/271441-15-fltrxs-install.html and it hits on most of the stuff you will need to know.

You can get a decent sounding system for under 500 and have it going in about a week(including shipping time).

Now if you want louder or better sound you will have to spend more, naturally, but acceptable sound does not have to break the bank or be installed by a professional shop.

The hardest part of the install IMO is tuning the amp, and there are guys on the forum who have that damn near down to an artform and I am sure they would be willing to walk you through the process. BTW it can be done in a very short amount of time, dont fret it.

Hope this helps,

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts