Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 6.5 speakers is everyone using with the fosgate pbr 300 amp?? I'm thinking about the hertz hcx 165 for fairing speakers would also like inner fairing speakers was wanting to hear what everyone else recommends & uses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A lot who have posted here are using Focal, Hertz and Rockford. Continue sifting the forum. There's a lot of information on speaker selection.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Hertz speakers in mine and they are great!!!! I had previously had two sets of Polk speakers , but they couldn't handle the way I play my music...... LOUD!!!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I have the Hertz speakers in mine and they are great!!!! I had previously had two sets of Polk speakers , but they couldn't handle the way I play my music...... LOUD!!!

There is a reason a set of Hertz costs more than two sets of polks. Quality not quantity. Sucks you found out the hard way. Hopefully OP is listening ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
What 6.5 speakers is everyone using with the fosgate pbr 300 amp?? I'm thinking about the hertz hcx 165 for fairing speakers would also like inner fairing speakers was wanting to hear what everyone else recommends & uses.
Very open ended question, a lot depends on your budget among other factors.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
432 Posts
Read some good things about these, gunna give them a try:

Pioneer TSD1602R 6.5 Inch Two-Way Speakers with 260 Watts Max Power by Pioneer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well ordered up those pioneers. I should be ordering amp in a couple weeks and then doing the install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Keep us posted on the results

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have HCX 165's and I love them. I started with Polks (DB series up to MM series). They are ok, but the Hertz are better and worth the higher costs IMO. They seem to be less stressed when played at high volumes. The polk db and dxi series will fit in the inner fairing without having to cut the glove boxes and do well in that position.

I had issues the db's after riding with them for 6 months. The capacitor, which is glued to the spider of the speaker, came apart from the speaker. I believe that it was the vibration of the bike to caused the glue to fail.

If you have a chance, go listen to different speakers because beauty is truly in the hand of the listener. Some folks swear by Hertz, while other swear by Focal, while others swear by Infinity, while others swear by etc.....

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Like juice said. Listen to them. I have had hawg wired, $500 set focals, and Polk something or other (worst). While focals are the best I have owned and everyone that hears them says wow I am still looking. My ears ain't so good and I need crazy loud for the highway (don't care about depth etc since I can't hear it lol). Your ears will tell ya what ya need.

Go to a high end car audio shop with the listening booth. Try them all out. And then go to another shop. Go to bike nights. See the sound you like. We are all different. I chuckle when folks say mine is the best, these are the best, you suck, etc.

sound is a funny thing. Whatever makes you happy is the right purchase. No matter what you read or are told. Good luck man.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hertz hands down

I just finished an install with hertz hcx 165. These speakers are amazing. I had ordered a set on biketronics 7.1 speakers and was not satisfied with the performance. I put the Hertz on the Rockford fosgate pbr300 and I was blown away. Nice deep and rich sound. If you are considering the BT speakers, don't waste your money. I can tell u from experience they can't touch the hertz. I also put JL audio 6.5 adapter rings on the they are perfect. No issues at all fitting the fairing back because of speakers sticking out too far. Very well made.

Attachments

·
Banned
845 Posts
I have an ultra and used the pbr300x4 pushing a set of Arc MOTO 602's up front and a set of Focal Integration series IC165 that were able to be mounted in the rear factory speaker pods due to them being less than 2" in depth... Mounted them by simply using some self tapping screws.... This system is perfect for me and I am very happy woth the overall quality.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had Hertz in the Upper Faring and Polk 6.5 in the lowers. I recently sold the Polks and will purchase a set of JL Audio C5-650 (x). I am calling crutchfield to see the difference in the 650 and 650x.

SO I will run Hertz in the upper, JL in lower, and more than likely JL or Hertz in the inner faring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts