Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my hog tunes frt speakers 05 Roadglide with H-D Boom and after reading the paper work it says 05 and earlier will cause component damage. Difference in speaker ohms. Should I worry.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The mismatched impedance between the speakers and the audio output drivers can cause premature failure of the audio output circuits.

I believe the 2005 and earlier had 8 ohm speakers and if you switched to 2 ohm, you will probably fry the output transformer. If the old system was 2ohm and you switched to 8 ohm, you would usually just have lower volume. Going 8 ohm on the output to 2 ohm is almost akin to shorting the output of the radio.

Do you have an amp? If so, is the impedance selectable (2, 4, 8?). Or,you could add an amp with that capability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I guess I'll send the hog tunes to be checked and hope for new then during winter work o/t and get newer system cause I only have a fltr not fltru added tour pack and will need speakers for that also. Loving the bike first H-D left the goldwing behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts