Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone here is running the Mmats speakers and how they compare to other speakers they may have ran or their buddies?

Looking at them to stay on a budget.

Part of me says just to the Pro Hertz and get it over with. But I am not looking to do competitions. Just want to hear my music on the road..Rolling if ya know what I mean..

Currently, in my 2013 RGU have Soundstream PN 4.1000 amp, Herts HCX 165's up front and some old Polks in the back to fill the holes and make a little noise.

Mamma wants to rock and she is tired of not hearing it.

Thanks

Drifter

·
Registered
236 Posts
You mentioned Mama so are you trying to replace rear speakers,up front, or all?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
From reports on other forums, MMats are loud loud loud. Contact Bagger Audio Lab. Alex will tell you all about them. Super cool dude

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mentioned Mama so are you trying to replace rear speakers,up front, or all?
Well the ones in the speaker pods on the tour pack are not worth much cuz she blocks em off she thinks. So been thinking about adding speakers in the lowers and call it a day. That and add better set of speakers to the mix.

I think she wants me to scrape what I got and just put in a completely new system from someone.

I know there are all kinds of options.

I was mainly curious about the Mmats. I know the Hertz are good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Soundz Customz!!! Call Pete and Sue and you won't be sorry.
They are very quality people and will treat you great.
Quality stuff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Drifter, I just switched out some Hertz speakers in favor of DD audio and so far they are fantastic. If your looking for Hertz, I've got a brand new in the box set of MPK 165's with the tweets already mounted in the hog tunes grills I'd make a killer deal on. I decided to go a different route with my audio.

Edit: I meant to also say that the mmats PA speakers don't need to like a whole lot of power. Several folks that I've talked to have all said they've had to switch amps or at least cut the power they're feeding the the PA's.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Drifter, I just switched out some Hertz speakers in favor of DD audio and so far they are fantastic. If your looking for Hertz, I've got a brand new in the box set of MPK 165's with the tweets already mounted in the hog tunes grills I'd make a killer deal on. I decided to go a different route with my audio.

Edit: I meant to also say that the mmats PA speakers don't need to like a whole lot of power. Several folks that I've talked to have all said they've had to switch amps or at least cut the power they're feeding the the PA's.
PA speakers are the hot setup now, Ive mentioned this before. I have heard the DDs and they sound incredible, great choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
PA speakers are the hot setup now, Ive mentioned this before. I have heard the DDs and they sound incredible, great choice.
I think PA speakers have become more popular due to the power or lack of power they need to perform efficiently and have great sound. I'm a rider, but I wanted better tunes over the stock junk HD offers. I'm digging the DD's right now and the greatest thing I like about them is the water resistance they offer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think PA speakers have become more popular due to the power or lack of power they need to perform efficiently and have great sound. I'm a rider, but I wanted better tunes over the stock junk HD offers. I'm digging the DD's right now and the greatest thing I like about them is the water resistance they offer.
Water resistance is not water proof. Easy fix. I bought a yard of speaker cloth and a can of fabric waterproof spray. I silicone the cloth to the speaker, take my hot solder iron and poke thru the screw holes. Done. I have less than $20 into it and have a lifetime of that cloth

·
Registered
7 Posts
Drifter I'd run MMats over Hertz SPL any day. The MMats are a warmer richer speaker that require less power than SPL's. Just remember you will need to run horns with the Mmats.

A good combo we like is the MMats up front with MMats horns, and then AD Design CX62 coax in the back to fill out the lower freqs. Both well priced and sound darn good.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would appreciate some advise, I want something better then OEM, plug and play speakers, I am not sure if my 15 CVO has an amp or not from factory. Any advise appreciated.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wondering if anyone here is running the Mmats speakers and how they compare to other speakers they may have ran or their buddies?

Looking at them to stay on a budget.

Part of me says just to the Pro Hertz and get it over with. But I am not looking to do competitions. Just want to hear my music on the road..Rolling if ya know what I mean..

Currently, in my 2013 RGU have Soundstream PN 4.1000 amp, Herts HCX 165's up front and some old Polks in the back to fill the holes and make a little noise.

Mamma wants to rock and she is tired of not hearing it.

Thanks

Drifter
Just and FYI- I have (4) ARC Moto 602 speakers for sale. If you are interested we could work a deal.
http://www.roadglide.org/106-parts-sale/339690-fs-4-arc-moto-602-speakers.html

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Drifter I'd run MMats over Hertz SPL any day. The MMats are a warmer richer speaker that require less power than SPL's. Just remember you will need to run horns with the Mmats.

A good combo we like is the MMats up front with MMats horns, and then AD Design CX62 coax in the back to fill out the lower freqs. Both well priced and sound darn good.
Hey Alex, I was hoping you could expand on the component selection.

Specifically, what version MMATS mid-bass driver are you referring to? I'm assuming the PA601?
And, if that handles the mid-bass what tweeter would you recommend? I'd prefer something that I could mount into my metal hogtunes grills.
Recommended crossovers?
Run the tweeter parallel to the mid-bass drivers assuming a single x2 channel AMP drives the whole setup?

This would be for fairing speakers only, driven by a Cerwin Vega B2. Not the highest $ AMP but it has been a solid trouble free performer for two years now and I'm not ready to retire it.

Currently running the Kappa 62.11I speakers in the fairing pods. Don't get me wrong, The B2 and Kappa's have been a solid pairing considering it's "old" technology now, but it has worked for me.

Just don't want to spend unnecessary money and be under-whelmed over what I'm currently running.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Alex, I was hoping you could expand on the component selection.

Specifically, what version MMATS mid-bass driver are you referring to? I'm assuming the PA601?
And, if that handles the mid-bass what tweeter would you recommend? I'd prefer something that I could mount into my metal hogtunes grills.
Recommended crossovers?
Run the tweeter parallel to the mid-bass drivers assuming a single x2 channel AMP drives the whole setup?

This would be for fairing speakers only, driven by a Cerwin Vega B2. Not the highest $ AMP but it has been a solid trouble free performer for two years now and I'm not ready to retire it.

Currently running the Kappa 62.11I speakers in the fairing pods. Don't get me wrong, The B2 and Kappa's have been a solid pairing considering it's "old" technology now, but it has worked for me.

Just don't want to spend unnecessary money and be under-whelmed over what I'm currently running.

Looking to put kappas in my fairing I was wondering about figment and trim ring. From 6.5 to 5.25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Looking to put kappas in my fairing I was wondering about figment and trim ring. From 6.5 to 5.25
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015+ Rushmore Road Glides no modifications or trim rings needed. The Kappas go right in. A small percentage of installers have reported some interference between the speaker grill tabs and the speaker ring, but I didn't experience that. I've had 2 sets of Kappas in my bike and have used both the plastic OEM speaker grills the the HogTunes metal speaker grills. No issues for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts