Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- I must admit this is my first bike with a stereo so I can't compare to anything else.. I am used to barking pipes.. I love hearing the tunes but at or around 85 mph + it's all wind or bits of stereo.

- Does the stock speakers sound crisp to many of you or does everyone seem to jump up to bigger watts?

Jason
www.ironthread.com

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
the problem with stereo speaker and/or amp recommendations is ever one's bike and riding style is different, some guys run stock motors, quiet exhaust and tall shields and stock systems and a speaker upgrade work great, other guys like me run a stroked motor, loud pipes and a short 6" wind deflector and speaker only upgrades do very little for me, I bought from Frank at Drago's the Hawg Wired 4 in the face 300w amp and 4 speakers and love it, this would be over kill for others, I suggest listing your shield height and rather you have a loud, medium or quiet exhaust and then guys with similar set ups can tell you what worked and didn't work for them , good luck

·
Registered
953 Posts
When I bought my 11 RGC I had the speakers upgraded to the HD Boom speakers NO amp and I really like this simple upgrade. I think it sounds just fine for now. I do have a WindVest 14" shield with vented lowers and the fork shields. I can, however, see me upgrading to a power system in the future with an amp and speakers in the lowers.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I am 6' and have 11 RG custom. I put the Wind splitter windshield from HD on it (made alot of difference for me) and stock seat, plan on putting HotRod bars from Sinister Industries on soon, and I have the Python slip-on mufflers that I seem to like. My problem is the same as mentioned above, with the stock speakers at about 75MPH I really start only hearing sporadic pieces from the stereo at full blast. I just had my hearing checked by the Dr. so I know its not my hearing, LOL. Thank you for anyone that can give me some advice on what to upgrade to so I can have sound at cruising speed (80-85MPH).

·
Registered
324 Posts
For your audio system you will most prob need to do a amp upgrade and some good speakers, I would suggest you check out ARC audio mpak kits, and if you want it clearer than what they offer instal some EXILE audio sx65 6.5 inch speakers. I have installed these kits and they can be heard very well at the speeds you are looking to cruise at, andthere are things hat can be done inside of the fairing to make the speakers perform better than you wouls expect on a bike, because the sound goes out the back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
On my bike I have a mpac 4 kit with Exile sx65 speakers, A ipod hookup that also charges the ipod (not harleys crazy pricy piece) Some sound padding inside of the fairing (the entire inside surface) to pick up and cancel standing waves (helps with bass) I also added structure to the speakers adapters to cancel vibrations that cancel bass. Possibly upgrading the amp when Exile releases the beta amp to me for testing

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Carisma, I looked at he site for that system. Looks like a nice system, but what do they cost? I know if I have to ask then I probably don't need it, but I still want to know. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
No problem, oh one note on my bike I hardly ever go over 1/2 on the volume any more and its clear as day going 80
Carisma, I have 06 RG with the new radio by HD. 1. Can,I hook up a ARC KS125.2 mini to that radio? 2. Would, I be able to leave the front speakers on the old hook up and spice off to the amp for the rear? 3. Do you sell ARC KS125.2 amps?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Carisma do you sell the arc amps? I have the two channel one and am thinking of the 4 one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts