Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
FLTRU 2019 Vivid Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a speed limit on 2019 RG:s?
Raced a Dodge Charger to day on my way home from work. At about 200km/h the bike stalled, but I felt that there was more speed and power in it! If there is a speed limit built in the bike, how the F**c do I unlock it?
Need more speed 馃槂

Registered
FLTRU 2019 Vivid Black
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, its speed limited. And I think it fell off at more like 175km/h.

If you want more speed, put a non Harley tuner on it.
That sucks, bike felt amazing in that speed, no problems at all with suspension, like a train.
looked at the speedometer at about 190km/h and after a few second it stalled

Registered
So did you see home or what? Can't tell a story like that and tell us what happened?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Registered

Registered
So did you see home or what? Can't tell a story like that and tell us what happened?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Dan, He stated that His Glide stalled at 125 MPH so I would believe that Paul just restarted it and continued on His way, with a "Disappointed Look" on His Face.
Mike U.

Registered
Dan, He stated that His Glide stalled at 125 MPH so I would believe that Paul just restarted it and continued on His way, with a "Disappointed Look" on His Face.
Mike U.
I was just responding to his (Black Bikes Matter) comment about a Power vision. I have used both and prefer the FP3...

Registered
Well unless you plan on spending a lot of money and TheDodge Charger being one of the ones made to run You will lose every time anyway..

Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
Yep, its speed limited. And I think it fell off at more like 175km/h.

If you want more speed, put a non Harley tuner on it.
I have a question if you take off the the speed limiter don鈥檛 you also eliminate the rev limiter Or is it two separate functions?
My tuner set a build up that way once great on the throttle but you HAD to watch the red line.Also you need to complete your run by 5th gear 6 contributes nothing to the finish line.
As written stay away from anything Dodge.Or any next gen muscle cars.Have Fun

Registered
I have a question if you take off the the speed limiter don鈥檛 you also eliminate the rev limiter Or is it two separate functions?
My tuner set a build up that way once great on the throttle but you HAD to watch the red line.Also you need to complete your run by 5th gear 6 contributes nothing to the finish line.
As written stay away from anything Dodge.Or any next gen muscle cars.Have Fun
Vin-
They鈥檙e definitely separate functions. I use the power vision. You can delete the speed limiter AND set the rev limiter to a value up to 8700 RPM鈥fter that there鈥檚 signal loss. The ECU can鈥檛 count the crank sensor past that value. On my CVO build, I set the revs to a max of 6650 RPM. I don鈥檛 crank it past 6100 or so, and depending on road conditions that yields just over 160 MPH. The bottom end is set up to withstand that regime. Also my suspension is dialed in.

Reactions: Zedbra and Oclaf

Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
Vin-
They鈥檙e definitely separate functions. I use the power vision. You can delete the speed limiter AND set the rev limiter to a value up to 8700 RPM鈥fter that there鈥檚 signal loss. The ECU can鈥檛 count the crank sensor past that value. On my CVO build, I set the revs to a max of 6650 RPM. I don鈥檛 crank it past 6100 or so, and depending on road conditions that yields just over 160 MPH. The bottom end is set up to withstand that regime. Also my suspension is dialed in.
Vin-
Thanks for the clarification,Could you comment on your suspension.It is a key part of any big inch build and ignored by the masses.Thanks again

Registered
Thanks for the clarification,Could you comment on your suspension.It is a key part of any big inch build and ignored by the masses.Thanks again
IMO, an upgraded suspension is a really good idea on any RG (or HD for that matter) but especially when you start adding power to the equation. When guys start adding inches and torque that usually means they intend on riding faster. I鈥檓 down with that.

Stock suspensions aren鈥檛 designed for that kind of riding. Can you get away with it? Sure, to a point. But you increase your performance and safety margins by upgrading your suspension. I always say, 鈥渁ccept no unnecessary risk.鈥 Now, some of you are thinking, 鈥済oing 160 on a bagger is unnecessary.鈥 You鈥檙e not wrong; it鈥檚 not for everyone. But I鈥檓 riding that way and I reduce my 鈥渦nnecessary鈥 risk by setting up the bike to be able to perform under those conditions. I went with 脰 front and rears on the CVO. My only issue comes in with ground clearance. But I can tell you that when I鈥檓 flat out on that thing, it shoots straight as an arrow. Not a ripple, wobble, or vibration. You would absolutely get killed doing that on a stock set up. I don鈥檛 recommend going over 90 or so stock.

On my RGS, I went with 脰 front and rears as well. But before I did so I ran it stock with an S&S 124 box motor. I learned to deal with the wobbles and shit braking in hooks before the upgrades. I didn鈥檛 understand fully how foolish that was. Skill and luck got me by until I started riding with people that knew what they were talking about. And I was ordered to upgrade.

Last month I was in CO with my gf chopping up the hooks in the back country. We entered one that I misjudged. By a lot. Had it not been for the suspension AND upgraded brakes I would have bought the farm possibly. But definitely would have went down hard. The suspension prevented the bike from diving from heavy braking and permitted the brakes to do their job. It kept the wheels gripping the road which is what I needed thru the curve.

You don鈥檛 need to be riding intentionally like that to need to upgrade. Sometimes shit just happens. Keeping the wheels in contact with the ground in dynamic conditions is where it鈥檚 at. We operate in a dynamic environment with asymmetric threats everywhere. Why not increase your ability to contend with them?

If you want to rip above 80 on a RG you鈥檙e doing yourself a tremendous service by getting a performance suspension. If you鈥檙e just putting around I wouldn鈥檛 say you need one, even tho it would benefit you in doing so.

Anyhoo.... that鈥檚 just my opinion. Not preaching. It鈥檚 funny now I鈥檒l be riding with guys and will overtake them all by leaning/steering harder, taking the inside line, and powering thru hooks at triple digit speeds. Freaks people out. But if you do that shit on a stock suspension you鈥檙e toast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts