Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice their Speedometer/Tachometer console not staying together after installing their GPS mount? I took a 300 mile ride and after a few bumpy roads I noticed that the tab near the Key switch had lifted up... I probably had to push it back 3 times on a 300 mile trip.... Thought maybe this was due to the extra weight up top on the console.....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That has occasionally happened to me too. One thing I did was use a little bit of black silicone when putting the housing back together. this seemed to help a lot

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had mine mounted for 2 1/2 years with never a problem, 15k miles on it. no issues, rock solid.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have never ran into that issue with mine either

·
Registered
895 Posts
Anyone else notice their Speedometer/Tachometer console not staying together after installing their GPS mount? I took a 300 mile ride and after a few bumpy roads I noticed that the tab near the Key switch had lifted up... I probably had to push it back 3 times on a 300 mile trip.... Thought maybe this was due to the extra weight up top on the console.....
Mine comes apart with the iron aces mount just as you described. Plus on top behind the mount.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I just have a painted inner fairing and no Iron Aces mounts or any mods and mine would do just as you are describing. Doesnt like to line up quite right, and sometimes I have to push down and pop that piece back in above the ignition switch. So it may not be unique to having the mount there, but i can see the added weight causing that.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys sounds like it's fairly common for some people.... I'm going to try some extra heavy duty Velcro on top of the bar clamp..... I'll report back after Sturgis.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts