Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me in the right direction here? My speedometer went nuts reading all over the place. I assume the crank position sensor is the sensor I need to clean or replace?
First, is that correct? And second is this the sensor on the front behind the oil filter?
Bike is an 02 88ci
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's the speed sensor in the transmission that you need to clean and check. It is on the right side of the bike on top of transmission below the starter.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Speed sensor

If your cruise doesn't work, turn signals don't reset after a turn, it is your speed sensor. I cleaned mine and it didn't help. Replace it. Mine is a 2000 SERG. Works great for the last 15k

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Was it raining. I had 2 speed sensors replace the last time they used grease and I have not had a problem in over 5k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the quick responses. New to the forum and am a little overwhelmed with all the good information.

By the way, yes it know it is the speed sensor for sure that controls signals, radio volume, and definitely not least the cruise control. The speedo just didn't quit. It starting fluctuating BIG TIME! I was kicked back relaxing with the cruise set and it went berserk! Throttle wide open, then off, then wide open, etc. Scared the crap out of me first, then when I grabbed the brake and realized what was happening I just had to laugh. I didn't realize what a wimp I have become until I had to ride the last 600 or so miles with no cruise and I can never remember to cancel my turn signal!
I guess technology ain't so bad! lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That's what I thought. I stopped at the local dealer and they said no, it's the crankshaft position sensor. I didn't buy it. Just didn't sound right to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts