Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its that time of year when the days get short, the nights(and days!)get colder and thoughts of warm motorcycling start dancing thru your head.

I'm putting together the spring meet n greet in the Loess Hills. Dates will be Friday May 15th and Saturday May 16th. Dinner on Friday night, your on your own but Saturday I'm in talks with john at boxer BBQ to rent out the whole place. He will need a final head count but if I can confirm 20+ people, the whole thing is ours. His space isn't that big but its pit BBQ done right.

For right now, the two hotels I'm looking into for group rates are the Ramada on 72nd. This is the one who wanted to host SWV so they can be accommodating. The other is the Hyatt downtown. I've stayed there and its really nice, breakfast is excellent, free and they give good group deals. They also have a well maintained parking garage. Both are similarly priced.

Saturday I will host a group ride through the hills with a lunch stop and then back in time for dinner. There will be mini maps available for those wanting to stray away from annoying yellow bikes and pork tenderloins the size of Pam Anderson's... tracks of land.:sly:

I am fully aware that ONGs spring BBQ run is two weeks prior to this. That's why I'm pushing this one back a couple of weeks to May. Also because I'll be at his BBQ run too lol.

I will be creating a Facebook event shortly for those with the mypages and faceyspaces... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I will be interested in that one. That area is on my list of things to do. Sign me up for two.
Oh yea, one Road Glide and one guest bike.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd have to add a day or two for that! But I might pick your brain about it too.
I dont know if you will see a deer but sorry, no moose
to see on your way to do laundry!

We have bass, croppie, blue gill, sunnies, and channel cats.

I will be interested in that one. That area is on my list of things to do. Sign me up for two.
Oh yea, one Road Glide and one guest bike.
Well we hope to see you down here then!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not on the Highway, I hope...:eek:
Nothing would surprise me with the amount of things I've seen going down the road. I will say the eastern Nebraska/western Iowa area, you do see significantly less water related fauna either by/near or on(in a flattened fashion) the road.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update, Im in the finalization stage for our host hotel. It will be the downtown hyatt. Ive managed to negotiate a discounted price on the rooms and since we are on bikes, they are halving the parking garage fee. Im getting it setup so you guys can either call or do a code online. I should have that all straightened out by Monday. Please don't call to book yet until I post that it is ready.

For those of us that went to Memphis this past year, our downtown is a lot like that. The hotel is right across the street from Ted & Wallys, hands down the best ice cream around. Everyday is new flavors and there is always a line the later in the evening it gets. For those of us that like a good brew, Upstream is on the other side of Ted & Wallys. Down the street from that is Rock Bottom and somewhere in the middle and slightly west is Billy Froggs.

We do have an awesome pastry place(maple bacon...) called Pettit's. This place is two things, Awesome donuts and a requirement of previous felonies for employment qualification lol

If anyone wants to stay an extra day and leave on Monday, let me know and we can put together some more riding. You would be surprised how even short 150mile rides in the hills can take all day.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally settled and good to go! Were staying at the Hyatt Downtown. It offers garage parking, free breakfast(a good one at that!) A great view of the city and best of all, its right by an ice cream joint! Lol

Price is $123 a night and that includes double occupancy rooms so feel free to share with your favorite road glide buddy. Parking is $5

Here is the group booking link

http://omahadowntownoldmarket.place.hyatt.com/gsmg2015.html

You can also call the 24 hour reservation line at*1-800-233-1234*and mention the Garvin Spring Meet and Greet

·
Registered
542 Posts
Been below zero here. The wind makes it brutal.
Your getting our weather we had last week.

I will be pulling my 27 foot snowmobile trailer over in April.
Called Loess Hills Harley. They said 300 for a month of storage?
I figured there has to be something cheaper. Just leaving truck and trailer, not living in it.
Got any ideas for good cheap safe storage around there?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and thanks for the weather, dick :p:mad: it was like -15° this morning.

For anyone who is not leaving on Sunday morning or who doesn't plan on making it too far that day, I am planning a ride as well. Nothing set in stone but there is thoughts of staying in the hills and finding lunch in Missouri . We shall see!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Been below zero here. The wind makes it brutal.
Your getting our weather we had last week.

I will be pulling my 27 foot snowmobile trailer over in April.
Called Loess Hills Harley. They said 300 for a month of storage?
I figured there has to be something cheaper. Just leaving truck and trailer, not living in it.
Got any ideas for good cheap safe storage around there?
Trailered to Daytona Bike Week a couple of times (I know, I know, it isn't as cool as riding but....). Anyway, the couple we went with has family down there. We parked the trailer at a storage unit place and the monthly rate was like $30. It was about 60 miles or so from Daytona, but it may be worth looking up some local storage places to see what kind of rate you could get.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Oh and thanks for the weather, dick :p:mad: it was like -15° this morning.

For anyone who is not leaving on Sunday morning or who doesn't plan on making it too far that day, I am planning a ride as well. Nothing set in stone but there is thoughts of staying in the hills and finding lunch in Missouri . We shall see!
Nebraska to Missouri would be the right direction for us....count us in.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The weather got better.
I will call around for storage costs in that area.
We stopped at Loess Hills and they had hook ups in back. Dont know if it was sewer and power. I dont need any of that.
The trailer is 27 feet and 4 door long box is longggggg. I always unhook everything so I am not out in the way when parking.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts