Road Glide banner

Spring Meet N Greet in the Loess Hills

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  5-0king 
#1 ·
Ive been poking through the Loess Hills pretty heavily lately with my bro-in-law and I think we have a pretty good weekend ride setup for the spring. The Loess Hills are actually pretty long with a total mileage of 212+ miles.

I'm setting up our meeting point at Hamburg, Ia @ 8am Saturday May 3, 2014. It should be starting to really warm up by then and all the white stuff/gravel should be gone by then. Hamburg Park is right next to a gas station(Casey's I think) and that's where we will meet at. No excuses to not be gassed up!

Be prepared as this will be an all day ride! We will be stopping along the route for pictures and some of the Americana plus a stop for lunch AND we will end the main route at the Blue Bunny ice cream parlor in Le Mars. For those interested in dinner, you can follow us back to my house in Papillion where Ill be grilling something delicious. Our driveway is large enough to accommodate quite a few bikes plus there's a off street circle to park in as well.

I hope to see everyone there and if anyone is coming in from out of town to stay the night, I would recommend Omaha Executive Inn. Its very centrally located, theres a HD about a mile south and they just remodeled this year.

See less See more
#4 ·
garv-

I'm down in Clarinda and have a buddy in Omaha that also rides a Glide. I have ridden the hills a lot but never been clear up to Lemars. I'm pretty interested so I'll keep in touch. I wish winter would end!

#5 ·
I would not plan on this hagey. Ive received 0 interest aside from you and one other. I am going to Memphis The weekend before for the big BBQ run that oldnerdguy has organized. As of right now, I'm canceling it for now and try again in the fall. I think September/Octoberish when the fall colors come out.

#7 ·
Wife and I stopped at the Loes Hills Harley shop after the Devils hamburger run last year.
Looks like some good riding through those hills.
If it is anything like Arkansas....wow it would be a great RIDE!!

#9 ·
Lolo pass Mt. is 120 or so in and 120 back and you can spend a lot of time in there also. I hope we can meet up some time and ride that area with you. I will be in touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.