Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
russell from lone wolf tuned my bike friday,runs like a dream,sleeper sorta mode it runs calm and smooth,open her up hard and one big shit eaten grin is all i can see!

124 lc,54mm throttle body,stock injectors,vh pro pipe,crusher mufflers and a tts master tune

124 hp 135 trq
very happy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Cool. Within 2/2 of mine then on pretty similar builds. I'm using stock heads that have been ported with 1.9/1.63 valves.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i put in an energy one kit last year with extra plates and later that year i added the aim pressure plate,we will see how it ends up this year.

pat what clutch did u run? I'm assuming your dyne numbers were close to mine,also what pipes are you running?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your going to enjoy that, ask me how I know?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i put in an energy one kit last year with extra plates and later that year i added the aim pressure plate,we will see how it ends up this year.

pat what clutch did u run? I'm assuming your dyne numbers were close to mine,also what pipes are you running?

My 124LC pulled 123/133 with a slipping clutch. After the tune I installed a Barnett scorpion clutch and hated it. I pulled that and installed a Evolution industries clutch basket and the stock clutch with a SE spring and a AIM vvp. It's alot better but I still think it's slipping. In about to order a Rivera primo. I'm running a dragula 2:1 with the 2.55 baffle.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've installed Bandit clutches in both my 124" RG and my 124" Softail. No slipping whatsoever and almost as light of a pull as stock. They really are great clutches. The only drawback is that they use less primary oil.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My 124LC pulled 123/133 with a slipping clutch. After the tune I installed a Barnett scorpion clutch and hated it. I pulled that and installed a Evolution industries clutch basket and the stock clutch with a SE spring and a AIM vvp. It's alot better but I still think it's slipping. In about to order a Rivera primo. I'm running a dragula 2:1 with the 2.55 baffle.
What gears do you think it's slipping?? Did you re-use the OE Plates or put in a new Plate Set? There are "nuances" to getting some of the Aftermarket Clutches working properly (if you can?) I recommend contacting the Manufacturers directly, before / during installation, unless you want a clutch collection to go along with your windshield collection LOL!

I'm pretty sure that Evolution Industries manufactures and private labels most all the baskets for Barnett, Rivera, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong?

For the CVO Hydraulic Clutch (no adjustment compared to the cables) in the "Short Bus", (making about the same #s as the LCs) several Big Builders, S&S, and Baker have told me the same thing; "Run the stock clutch, SE hd Spring and a (AIM) Lockout." I gotta go with this advice, as these folks have seen all the clutch drama associated with big Builds, and tried all the components (many times, I'm sure) that you have listed.

'Been milking the stock Clutch / SE Spring for 16+k mi. ('wanted to get the Build sorted before taking on any other issues) it only slips a little in 6th & 7th, at close to 100% throttle (Sport Touring 2-up loaded, no track)

Alto gave me a set of Carbonite Plates to try with the CVO Hydraulic Clutch, when I get around to having them installed, 'going to run them a little while, make sure they are good 2 go, then install the AIM Lockout.

http://www.altousa.com/

JMHO, your results may vary...

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
What gears do you think it's slipping?? Did you re-use the OE Plates or put in a new Plate Set? There are "nuances" to getting some of the Aftermarket Clutches working properly (if you can?) I recommend contacting the Manufacturers directly, before / during installation, unless you want a clutch collection to go along with your windshield collection LOL!

I'm pretty sure that Evolution Industries manufactures and private labels most all the baskets for Barnett, Rivera, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong?

For the CVO Hydraulic Clutch (no adjustment compared to the cables) in the "Short Bus", (making about the same #s as the LCs) several Big Builders, S&S, and Baker have told me the same thing; "Run the stock clutch, SE hd Spring and a (AIM) Lockout." I gotta go with this advice, as these folks have seen all the clutch drama associated with big Builds, and tried all the components (many times, I'm sure) that you have listed.

'Been milking the stock Clutch / SE Spring for 16+k mi. ('wanted to get the Build sorted before taking on any other issues) it only slips a little in 6th & 7th, at close to 100% throttle (Sport Touring 2-up loaded, no track)

Alto gave me a set of Carbonite Plates to try with the CVO Hydraulic Clutch, when I get around to having them installed, 'going to run them a little while, make sure they are good 2 go, then install the AIM Lockout.

http://www.altousa.com/

JMHO, your results may vary...
That's basically the setup I'm running on my 124". Stock clutch basket with Alto plates, a 480# spring and AIM lockup. No slipping.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
JayKS,

Were the Alto Plates that you use a direct replacement of OE? The same # of plates?

How is the engagement feel, location compared to stock?

How many miles on this setup?

Any chattering, squawking, or other issues?

I guess that you are running a cable clutch?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
JayKS,

Were the Alto Plates that you use a direct replacement of OE? The same # of plates?

How is the engagement feel, location compared to stock?

How many miles on this setup?

Any chattering, squawking, or other issues?

I guess that you are running a cable clutch?

Thanks

Yes, direct replacement, same number of plates. Alto Red Eagle plates.

The engagement feel and location is very similar to stock, although the clutch pull is a little heavier.

About 3300 miles on this setup.

No chattering or squawking that I can detect.

Yes, running a cable.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, direct replacement, same number of plates. Alto Red Eagle plates.

The engagement feel and location is very similar to stock, although the clutch pull is a little heavier.

About 3300 miles on this setup.

No chattering or squawking that I can detect.

Yes, running a cable.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts