Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Old Nerd Guy set up a great BBQ M&G for us at Bogarts in St Louis. I have to say we had an awesome time and sure got our bellies full!

Frankie and I along with a friend of ours headed out early Saturday morning in route to Dales HD in Mt Vernon to meet with pacfan & his wife.
From there pacfan lead us to Frieze HD in O'Fallon. They had the demo truck there and of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a pic of Lymey in front of the truck.

From there we headed on over to St Louis to meet the rest of the crew. Traffic of course SUCKED! But we made it without Frankies road rage kicking in too much.

As we were waiting in line at Bogarts, we started chatting up the doorman/executive chef. ONG explained that he brought us there to try out the BBQ since Oklahoma Joes was our favorite and we mentioned to him that we rode 250 miles just to try it. A few minutes later, he hands Frankie a small bowl full of chicken wings. Those were some tasty wings for sure! And yes, he shared...lol

As we got up to the counter to order, I had to decide on what sides to get. I saw they had pickles as a side so I said 'give me the pickles. No more than a few seconds after I said that, the doorman again handed us a small sample of pickles! Those, I LOVED! They are rightly called Fire & Ice pickles. Sweet, tart & spicy. I wished I had went back in to see if they sold them by the jar.

The guy at the register had a sign taped to his shirt....of course I got a full rack of ribs...lol Everyone that worked there was great and made sure they all talked to us and thanked us for coming in.

THE RIBS!
Keep in mind, these are laying across my lap! They were huge and pretty darn delish. Not as good in my opinion as OK Joes but still, very yummy!

We also explained to the door man that we had some folks coming from Kansas (Big Jack & his crew. One of which rode all the way on a new Sporty 72! Hows that for dedication...lol) Anyways, apparently chef welcomed the Kansas group with a sample of ribs! And I think Arkieglide got a sample of something too. I cant remember what they got.

Because of the limited seating, we opted to go back out where the bikes were parked and sit on the fence ledge in the shade.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I counted 20 folks there total. What a great turnout!!!

NOTICE ARKIEGLIDES RIB LOLLIPOP....lol

From there, ONG lead us to 2 other dealerships (Doc's and Bourbeuse) We also got to ride on a portion of RT 66 too.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From Bourbeuse's we said our goodbyes and Frankie, our friend Dennis and myself headed back to St Louis to eat, what else? MORE BBQ!

We had seen a place called Smoki O's on the food show Bizarre Foods. This place is a hole-in-the-wall kinda restaurant but well worth the trip a hundred times over.

Their specialty is pig snoots! Yep! Pig noses...lol They cut the tips off and sell them as dog snacks and cook up the rest.
We tried the rib tip and snoot combo. As we were waiting on our order, the manager came out and we were asking the best way to avoid the traffic and get back on I-64. He asked where we were from and what brought us out. We all of course said, THE PIG SNOOTS. He promptly asked, 'Did they give you a sample?'...lol We said no and he turns around and promptly gets us a sample! OMG!!!! These things are the BOMB!! Kinda bacon-y tasting. Very crunchy like cracklins and oh so good! Their sauce was excellent too and not a typical flavored sauce either. It had almost a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg. Neither of us are sauce fans but we both loved this stuff.

The rib tips were awesome and the snoots were something we'll definitely ride back for...many times over.

We totaled 638.7 miles. We had folks from Mo, Ky, Il, Ia, Ar, Ne and Ks. It was great meeting new forum members and seeing old familiar faces as well as their non RG riding friends. The weather was perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better day!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Awesome photos, Tracy. Thanks for taking and for posting them. Glad there was a yellow Glide along for the ride!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Tracy, thanks for posting the pictures. I enjoyed meeting members of this forum and look forward to more meets, great, eats and rides.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
As we got up to the counter to order, I had to decide on what sides to get. I saw they had pickles as a side so I said 'give me the pickles. No more than a few seconds after I said that, the doorman again handed us a small sample of pickles! Those, I LOVED! They are rightly called Fire & Ice pickles. Sweet, tart & spicy. I wished I had went back in to see if they sold them by the jar.

I think you need some of this...

Note how he seems to have gotten a bit "excited" about his lip balm :rolleyes:. Is that a pickle in his pocket... ???

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think you need some of this...

Note how he seems to have gotten a bit "excited" about his lip balm :rolleyes:. Is that a pickle in his pocket... ???
Honestly, what are you searching the inter web for sometimes? Lol the things you manage to find gives me a little pause.

Sent from the roadglide.org Monarch's phone

·
Registered
953 Posts
You all did a great job with the pics. It was a great time. ONG you never cease to make us all take pause. Pickled flavored lip balm.... REALLY? Who searches for something like that? LMAO

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You all did a great job with the pics. It was a great time. ONG you never cease to make us all take pause. Pickled flavored lip balm.... REALLY? Who searches for something like that? LMAO
It helps to know the right people

One never knows what will be for sale on Amazon... :eek:

If you really want a good laugh, follow the link, and read George Takei's (Target that Explosion and FIRE!) review.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts