Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a stage other than Harley Marketing?
I know stage one is intake and exhaust
Is stage 2 cams? Someone please enlighten me so I too will know what stage I sit at. Life is a stage! :grin:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What is a stage other than Harley Marketing?

I know stage one is intake and exhaust

Is stage 2 cams? Someone please enlighten me so I too will know what stage I sit at. Life is a stage! :grin:

"Staging" is not exclusive to HD as most engine manufacturers provide stage kits.

As far as HD goes, you can look up the stage kit part numbers and look at the differences.

In theory, each stage is an addition to the previous stage, however, in practice from HD each stage kit takes you from stock directly to that stage.

In order to do it incrementally, you'll need to know what each stage consists of, and purchase those things separately.

Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
10,366 Posts
Dont know about Harley stages but S&S is a good guideline

1 is intake and exhaust : high flow air cleaner and different exhaust

2 is 1 plus cams and push rods

3 is 2 plus big bore kits

4 is 3 plus ported heads and upgraded fuel system

like anything else you don't have to do all of the previous for one of the upgrades

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I'll have cams and heads done soon. I already have an aftermarket intake and exhaust. I guess that puts me at stage 2.5. lol.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Ok. I'll have cams and heads done soon. I already have an aftermarket intake and exhaust. I guess that puts me at stage 2.5. lol.
Just be careful Norm not to over inject this build since you are not doing the cylinders. Keeping the flow speed up along with the amount of fuel/air is important too. I seen people actually lose performance by going with a larger throttle body than what they needed. By intake, you might have meant the air cleaner, not sure.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just be careful Norm not to over inject this build since you are not doing the cylinders. Keeping the flow speed up along with the amount of fuel/air is important too. I seen people actually lose performance by going with a larger throttle body than what they needed. By intake, you might have meant the air cleaner, not sure.
My bad. Yeah just the big sucker air cleaner. Not sure why they call them intakes. I won't go any bigger with the TB until I need to. I got the bug. I did it when I was into rock crawlers too. My rig took 15 years to get where it is now. Slow and steady wins the race and keeps me entertained as I work. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts