Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post! I picked up my 15 RG back in june and love it. So far I have the basics done to it, Python Rayzer 2-1, screamin eagle intake and race tuner. I want more power... So here's the question. I have a set of Woods tw-777 cams and adjustable pushrods from my wideglide I traded that were never installed. Should I do these and a set of ported heads? Or would I be better off doing screaming eagle stage 4? Anybody running the tw-777's I don't want it to be doggy on the bottom end. Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm interested in the answers . I couldn't justify the cost of a stage 4
I did cams pipes heavy breather and tuner and am honest 101HP 114 Tq
Tq breaks 100 at 2400 rpm and don't drop below till 5800. I have 1200 into that. Stage 4 is $3000. Jim's VTwin in Charlotte sells a complete 107 with custom ground cams and heady for $2000. Stage 4 is noisy top end. They do run well. But i figure if I'm gonna spend $3000+
I'm gonna do a brand new 120r or S&S 124T. Frank at dragos sells a great set a bolt in cams and says if your not happy he will buy them back. Head work is very spendy for only a couple HP or TQ. Let me know which way you go and how ya like it. Cams make biggest difference for least amount a money :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree that Cam alone will wake it up the most for the dollar. A good tune not a tune but a real tune will make it better. My tuner likes the Andrews cam 57 but will never know until you put it in and dyno it to find out. Anybody have that 57 andrews cam and if so what are the results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome man thank you! I already have the Woods tw-777's they're brand new in the box with gaskets and adjustable pushrods. I didn't get the lifters cause the bike only has 2000 miles on it. So I should see about 100 horse 100 tq out of just those cams and my current upgrades??

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have the Stage 4 kit and love it. I'm getting about 110/110. Unless the price has gone up significantly, $3k is is a bit steep of an estimate. I paid half of that for the street legal version.

Something I've used for high dollar parts for years is surdyke.com. You may not be able to get it exactly when you want, but you can save a lot of coin if you're patient. Around holiday time they run 25% off specials. I bought mine Christmas of 2013 and it cost less than $1500 with free shipping.

Right now it's selling on surdyke for 2200. That includes the race tuner.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Good convo going on. What's the difference between fuel Moto, S&S, Drago 107 kit and SE Stage 4?

Someone with more info please chime in, but as far as I know, stage 4 keeps the engine at 103, adds cams, upgrades throttle body to 58mm from stock 50mm, upgrades clutch springs, larger Pistons, larger cans, adds race tuner (race version only)and larger fuel injectors(race version only). Gets recalibrated to rev up to 6200rpm.

The Drago Kit is a 107. Frank is on the forum, he can tell you specifics. I don't know what comes in the s&s or fuel moto kits, but I think fuel moto is on the forum too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Following this. Thinking of cams myself this winter. I have exhaust and a good AC already. Will need to upgrade my tuner, running a V&H FP right now.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
We were boring the OE cylinder back in 2006 to 98"(one of the first shops in the contry to do so) and when the 4 3/8" stroke came in 2007 we had Wiseco manufacture those piston/gasket kits for us as well.
We have 107" kits with S&S cams starting under 1K, and with our famous Stage II Heads still under 2K.
We have 107" configurations for road-tractor combos as well as street-scorchers that have shown power tapping on 130 hp.
Not new to 107" engines as we were establishing at/near those numbers in single-cam Evo engines back in the 1990's.
One thing with us...........all of our work is performed in our in-house machine shop.
Scott

·
Banned
94 Posts
before buying a "107 KIT",i would make sure it can be tailored to your exact riding style as far as compression,cams & headwork goes.make sure you don't end up with something your not going to like.a 107" can range from very mild,low end TQ builds to very high HP,high RPM monsters,decide what you want and make sure that's what you end up with

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Scott. Good to know. I have a question for anybody that can answer. My 2015 road glide battery died in sturgis when i pulled it off the trailer. Come to find out I did not have it in transport mode. Anyway jumped the battery with a vehcile and had to let it sit for about 15 min before enough juice to start thwe bike. After that all was good every day it started. Got home and let it sit for a few days and the battery is dead again. Not sure why. Now if I charge it all good but if I let it sit a few days it gets harder and slower cranking over like the battery is ready to fail me. Any ideals out there is appreciated.

·
Vendor
838 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post! I picked up my 15 RG back in june and love it. So far I have the basics done to it, Python Rayzer 2-1, screamin eagle intake and race tuner. I want more power... So here's the question. I have a set of Woods tw-777 cams and adjustable pushrods from my wideglide I traded that were never installed. Should I do these and a set of ported heads? Or would I be better off doing screaming eagle stage 4? Anybody running the tw-777's I don't want it to be doggy on the bottom end. Thanks
If you already have the TW-777 cams we do offer the rest of our Fuel Moto 107 kit individually. We have various cylinder/piston kits and offer cylinder head services to suit your specific combination, it all really depends on what you are looking for.

·
Vendor
838 Posts
Thanks Scott. Good to know. I have a question for anybody that can answer. My 2015 road glide battery died in sturgis when i pulled it off the trailer. Come to find out I did not have it in transport mode. Anyway jumped the battery with a vehcile and had to let it sit for about 15 min before enough juice to start thwe bike. After that all was good every day it started. Got home and let it sit for a few days and the battery is dead again. Not sure why. Now if I charge it all good but if I let it sit a few days it gets harder and slower cranking over like the battery is ready to fail me. Any ideals out there is appreciated.
I would start by having the battery load tested and also check the stationary voltage draw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Scott. I checked battery again today sitting and it 12.94 so still good. The stationary draw I checked again and its still.15 ma. Maybe something or some relay re set when I unplugged the battery for a couple of hours?. Is that a possiblity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also installed a set of Crusher mufflers and wow they do sound a bit quiter then the 4inch rineharts but humble at idle and barks like a hot rod when you give it. So far i like it. I am sure it will change once I get a good tune. But for the good I think.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.