Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference? Can you use the stage I air filter (arlen ness) with a stage II???

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This is a short answer to a commonly asked question. Believe me when I say there is allot more involved with the different options between the different stages for Harley, but here we go.

Stage 1 = Air Cleaner, Exhaust, EFI tune

Stage 2 = Stage 1 + cams

Stage 3 = Stage 2 + headwork

Big Bore doesn't count as a stage.

Each stage builds off the previous stage.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only asked because some are advertising a stage one air filter, and some a stage II filter. I didn't think there was a difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the stg II has a bigger filter.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Stage 1 has a 3 hole bolt pattern and Stage 2 has a 4 hole pattern plus it is about 3/8" thicker, sticks out farther.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
So is the stage 2 filter a must when doing cams, full exhaust and tuner?
No! A HD stage 1 intake kit and a good K&N style air filter will give you all the air flow that you need.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
No! A HD stage 1 intake kit and a good K&N style air filter will give you all the air flow that you need.
Agree 100% unless you have fire-breathing, ultra-high HP Harley-rocketship...then you're spending so much a stage2 air filter would just be a rounding error in total costs.

Mostly the stage2 air filter is just so they can stage another trip into your pocket for more cash!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts