Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a stage one air cleaner and slip ons without a program?? If so how did it run? I want to install the airfilter today but cant get a program till saturday. Will it hurt or run like crap?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a new a/c and headpipe and slips on put on last weekend with no new map/tuner. Early on, but no issues or concerns with the bike not running poorly.

I will likely get a tune down the road as I do think it will make the bike run better, but my experience would say not required...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wasn't an issue on my 10 FLSTFB, but only rode it for a few weeks like that since my fuelpak messed up on me and I found the good deal on my current bike.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had a new a/c and headpipe and slips on put on last weekend with no new map/tuner. Early on, but no issues or concerns with the bike not running poorly.

I will likely get a tune down the road as I do think it will make the bike run better, but my experience would say not required...
For what the HD d/l will cost plus the dyno time they are going to try to sell you you would be better off with a tuner. No matter what the dealer does as far a a d/l, it will still be lean as per EPA standards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts