Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 cvo roadglide. Have a love hate relationship with this ride. Frome day one we had problems with stereo and never has been 100 percent solved. The status is its working as designed is what factory says so tryong to figure wich way to go to get a good reception or a way to opt out to a radio more superior.
Our biggest worry is the stalling out issue that I have had since its been new. Currently 9000 miles on bike. We can not duplicate it at the dealer with the service tech. Seems to stall when it damn well feels like it. Pulling in somewhere or taking off from a stop light. Heat does not seem to play a factor as its happened when riding in the 40 degree range.
I have delayed putting some personal touches on it like ape bars. Yes am wanting 17" bars as I am 6'1 and seem to always lean forward with a sore back. Have not touched the exhaust and want to so bad. Was leaning torwards Tail Gunner but after getting a quote for the entire package including ceramic headers and dyno tuning at around $2500.00 my wife squeezed my nuts. Any input onto a good sound plus keeping with the overall look ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bet you it's a bad computer. I had one on my 08 give me hell trying to figure out why it lugged while taking off. There were no warning lights and the dyno tuner couldn't even tell it was bad. It was finally diagnosed by swapping computers with another bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Getting any fault codes?

Sounds like it might be a faulty engine temp sensor. Found behind the horn. These sensors have been known to fail and cause the exact symptoms you describe.

Cheap unit to replace compared to a stock ECM unit. Not sure of your warranty or Extended Service Plan situation but this is an easy part to buy/replace to see if it rectifies the problem. IF still under warranty or ESP might have the dealer try the ECM swap if the temp sensor replacement doesn't cure the issue.

Calgaryglide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts