Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike has developed a starting problem that is intermittent.
After leaving the bike in the garage for a period time ( 2 days to a week), when I start it, it fires up just fine. Other times, it will turn over hard initially, almost like its not going to start. Sometimes I release the starter at this point and get a "puff: out of the breather and smell a little gas. When I try to start it right after that, it starts fine.
This situation does not seem to depend on temperature.
I tested the battery after leaving it overnight and it still registered in the acceptable rage. 12.6 volts.

could it be timing? compression release valve? Maybe batter?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Sounds normal for FI, that's low batt range tho, probably does it more after sitting cold, give the FP time to whine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I did not know it, my SE PRO super tuner can record the volts of my battery. Later today, I will hook it all up, and crank the engine with the spark plug wires removed to see if the cranking volts go below 9volts.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Although I did not know it, my SE PRO super tuner can record the volts of my battery. Later today, I will hook it all up, and crank the engine with the spark plug wires removed to see if the cranking volts go below 9volts.
Mine started doing that during my last ride three weeks ago. It was hot and had been riding all day.
I blamed it on bad fuel.
I got the ethanol free stuff at my favorite station and hasn't done it since.......though i have not ridden much. Just around town.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Be sure and not try and fire your bike with the plug wires removed. If you do, get an old set of plugs and hook the wires to them when you turn the motor over. You can cause significant damage to the ignition systems by doing this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Make sure the compression releases are enabled. I see that some of the canned maps are ACR disabled. Look in the tuning setup section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts