Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was wondering if i take my 08 RG to the dealer will they replace the compensator under warranty , because sometimes the starter will lock then it will start , or do i have to wait till it actually quits altogether
Also anyone know the price difference in the stock compensator and the SE one ?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
If your bike is still under a warranty it should be covered. If i remember correctly the price difference should be about $50.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Some HD dealers are replacing the stock compensator under warranty with the SE compensator but that may be because they don't have the stock compensator in inventory. There is no guarantee that the dealer will use the SE compensator but MAKE SURE that you do get the SE compensator because it is the only way to fix the problem that you are having.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hello all,

Do the CVO models come with SE compensator already?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I don't want to be Donny downer in the MOCO, but it is not given that there are SE parts in a SE model bike.
I say that due to my buddy having a catastrophic engine failure due to INA can bearing vice the SE version. Just verify what they are puttin in there.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I am not sure but with the 110" engine I would think that the SE compensator is already on the CVO model .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts