Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my bike back together and am wondering what the White teflon sticky stuff is going around the large part of the starter is? Its the part that fills the large hole in the Inner primary case. Thanks for any and all help :)

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
My guess would be grease for the teeth on the starter, or lube for the rubber o-ring that keeps the primary juices from coming out where the starter connects to the primary. I don't recall seeing anything like that, but it's been a while.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,565 Posts
Yeah, that is the liquid sealant dope that some mechanics use. My Indie used it on my starter this winter when we tore the primary apart and rebuilt my tranny in my garage. Fast forward a few months and my compensator is pooched, I go to get that damn starter off, and that white goop cemented it on there, had to 'influence' it quite a bit. I decided to simply apply a thin coat of oil on the O ring upon assembly, as the manual states.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts