Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone broke the jack shaft on the starter? Went to go for my first "ride" of the year and my starter clunked then just went zing. I pulled the starter off and the shaft with the gear that makes contact with the flywheel was not attached! I pulled the primary cover and there it was laying on the bottom. I have a new starter (lifetime warranty from All Balls) but I'm wondering if there is other issues that I need to address.
Any input from you guys and gals would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It is pretty uncommon for the starter shaft to break. I would check your compression releases and see if they are working correctly.
Even if the compression releases were not working at all the starter shaft shouldn't have broken, I would think it is just a faulty starter.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm hoping for, I really haven't had much time to ride this year and this just pissed me off a bit.
I'll be putting everything back together tonight and then it's two days off for some much needed two wheel therapy

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Check the teeth on the flywheel to make sure they are still intact. Make sure the starter gear didn't damage any when it broke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts