Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to kick around some plans for Sturgis this year and was wondering if anyone else from the East Coast was planning a trip.

Hullhor and I talked about it during SW last year but it sure would be nice if we could get a group of Road Glide Forum members to go with...

Dan

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm riding there with a buddy on a Victory, meeting my brother-in-law and friends from Mass. We have a house rented in Summerset not far from Sturgis. Nine of us total. I have the only shark, others are bat wings and road glides, oh, and the Victory.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty much what I am wanting to do.... rent a house and get a group of people to split it up....

What are your dates? I was thinking of spending 3-4 days in sturgis and then heading out to Yellowstone and then heading home.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
the wife and I are planning on it

My wife and I have been talking about it, We didn't go last year because we were there in June. I like to tent camp in her aunt Betty's yard, on Lazelle st. Across the street from Headwinds.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thats pretty much what I am wanting to do.... rent a house and get a group of people to split it up....

What are your dates? I was thinking of spending 3-4 days in sturgis and then heading out to Yellowstone and then heading home.
Leaving Florida on Aug 2, we have the house for the week, 5th-12th for $3500.
Planing four or five in Sturgis then Mt Mckinley and rides throughout the area, maybe leaving for home around the 11th or 12th. Maybe see you there among the other 100,000 riders.:rolleyes:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
The wife and I will be going the week before the rally.

That means all the beer will be gone by the time you guys get there :D

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
While In Sturgis..........

If you happen to see this old biker crusin' around, say "hello" from the boys in Las Vegas.

Nevadasun & DesertShark

·
Registered
932 Posts
Not My bike.....

Wow, that is a Very Nice Bike!

Did you ride it all the way up from Vegas?
No, I have a 2010 FLTRX. We had just left Mt. Rushmore rode through a couple of tunnels then stoped to take pictures. After a few moments he comes cruzin up, stops and just started talking. Really nice, mellow kind of person, so I took a couple of pics. As I was taking the pics, I thought "that old biker and that Harley......classic". I got the impression he's up there every year.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
908 Posts
No, I have a 2010 FLTRX. We had just left Mt. Rushmore rode through a couple of tunnels then stoped to take pictures. After a few moments he comes cruzin up, stops and just started talking. Really nice, mellow kind of person, so I took a couple of pics. As I was taking the pics, I thought "that old biker and that Harley......classic". I got the impression he's up there every year.

Nevadasun
OK, a cool bike and the guy looks like he belongs on it.

Looks like part of Needles Hwy in the back ground

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Dan, I missed your thread till just now. I am going. I'll be pulling out of MD on 8-1. I'll be sharing the asphalt with a neighbor. We are hooking up with his father and brother in Iowa, and then headed to Sturgis. Once in Sturgis he and I will go our separate ways. I'll be camping and he will be in a hotel somewhere though we may ride together some. I have some other buddies from close by I will hook up with out there as well. I will likely be camping at Cottonwood Creek Camp. Nice people and you can actually get some sleep at night.

We will be coming thru Ohio, so if you want to hook up for the ride out let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts