Road Glide banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20 year old is getting ready to take his RSC so we took my RG and the Slim to the local elementary school for some practice. My father in law is an ex-safety course instructor so he tagged along. I was surprised at how much I had forgotten and how many bad habits I have aquired over the years. I ride everyday. I am very mindful of my surroundings but it looks like I need to brush up on my skills. Granted I have gained some weight and the wife's slim has me riding like a T-Rex on a Tricycle but I should remember and be able to maneuver a bike better than I did today. It was very humbling to say the least.

So, please stay safe and aware and it doesn't hurt to practice from time to time. I am actually thinking about an experienced safety course in the near future. has anyone taken one?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have not taken any type of RSC course myself, but I have thought about it recently since my ol' lady and five teenage sons have all showed interest in learning to ride and getting bikes.

Our Shriner's bike unit has competitions at various venues with other Shrines from across the country throughout the year. Part of those competitions is a pretty decent "obstacle" or "skills" course. When we host them locally, we have a couple of Troopers from the motor division come out and score the competitions. The Troopers have actually complemented us on the difficulty level of the obstacle/skills course, so practicing for it definitely comes in handy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.