Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 FLTRX. I wanted to remove the tail light and license place bracket and replace them with the Paul Yaffe Stealth License Plate Bracket.

When ordering, the site stated that I should use the CVO/Universal bracket for my bike. Well, I received it, removed the tail lights and I see no way for this to mount flush with the fender.

I understand that I have to drill two holes for the bolts but the back of the plate has two welded standoffs where the bolts attach that do not allow the plate to seal flush to the fender.

All of the instructions in the box are for the CVO fender and do not even address my wiring configuration and there is no template for drilling the holes.

I have read that a lot of you have installed this bracket and it sounded easy. Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I finally got up the nerve to give the installation a shot. Measured the rear fender and the mount nine ways from Sunday. Came out great!

I still have to get it wired up so, I will post a couple of pics after that is done.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Just follow the limited instructions (LoL) that was included and you'll do fine. I re-routed the tail light harness from under the fender to along side the right side of the frame. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts