Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealth Fairing Support Bar from Paul Yaffe's. Just had one installed along with some other work. It did what it was designed to do got riding of the faring supports. IMO the Faring is stiffer now than before.

Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation - Stealth Fairing Support Bar

It was a simple install. Look along the lower edge of the faring you see the round black brace.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Looks like a nice set up if you want to remove your engine guard. Could one mount it and just remove the two fairing mounts and keep the engine guard?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Very nice smitty, I have dirty bird's support bracket which is similar, stiffens the fairing & cleans up the look ?? Should be factory standard

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like a nice set up if you want to remove your engine guard. Could one mount it and just remove the two fairing mounts and keep the engine guard?
Yes I am not getting rid of my engine guards. I had to do it. With the rake and longer tubes installing the Steering damper was just going to be a royal pain. It was a simple affordable answer.
Next step is order the new sidecar.

Of course it is not up to what the one in this thread is. This one had a lot of options I did not need.

http://www.roadglide.org/4-equipment-rg/337794-new-road-glide-adjustable-fairing-bracket.html

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that the bar has been on awhile and rack up some miles with it, have to say I like it. Of course it was done because it was necessary. But A change I would consider even if it had not been.
Faring seem to be sturdier. Kind of nice not have those supports in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts