Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I cannot find the grease cert on my 11 rgu. I have downloaded the service manual and it has a picture of where its at. Cannot find any youtube videos, only a street glide. Being a frame mounted fairing, do rgu's have a grease fitting? Bought it used 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to do a little maintaince to it. Saw a video on greasing the front steering head and thought that it probably needed it since it has 30k on it. Can't find it. Help!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
For the life of me I cannot find the grease cert on my 11 rgu. I have downloaded the service manual and it has a picture of where its at. Cannot find any youtube videos, only a street glide. Being a frame mounted fairing, do rgu's have a grease fitting? Bought it used 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to do a little maintaince to it. Saw a video on greasing the front steering head and thought that it probably needed it since it has 30k on it. Can't find it. Help!
It's there. Keep looking. It also take a lot of grease if it hasn't been greased before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it! It was behind wiring harness. Two of them. I'll try and grease it up tomorrow.
Thanks a lot guys. I was doubting whether I had one or not.
Thanks again

·
Registered
927 Posts
At least you found it on a diagram, but if you can't find it, maybe you have this going on. If there isn't a zerk fitting, check for a hole (where it's supposed to be). http://www.roadglide.org/28-troubleshooting-road-glides/13745-steering-head-grease-zerk.html

Not to hijack the thread, BUT, for the newer (Rushmore?) bikes, I couldn't find a zerk fitting in the parts catalog. According to my service manual under Inspect and Lubricate, it has to be disassembled, but the bearings aren't removed. Doing so damages them, and they have to be replaced.

Firewalker, at this point consider yourself lucky! lol

Edit: Good for ya, and you beat me to it, but I'll leave the post up for anyone else that might question it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts