Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For awhile it has felt like if I go over the slightest groove in the road, I will lose control. I dont lose it but for that split second it feels it.
I have made sure my tire is properly inflated, and when I put my bike up on the jack, the fall away is within specs (the manual)
One thought I had was that maybe the steering is a bit loose, and the fall away looks good because levers (brake, clutch,) and instruments are still attached.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would take it to a garage and have trained tech look at it. It would give you some peace of mind.
I had similar symptoms on my bike but mine is a 2001 SERG. I had the forks seals replaced and serviced with a new type of oil that made a huge difference.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
are you measureing your fall away by the spec in the manual, or by the correct spec as per the tb? the tb lowers the number of swings to be in spec. mine is at 1 and i no longer have any 'shimmy' when i take my hands off the bars (i know, don't do that....)

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
How old are your tires ?

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
What year bike? I changed the front suspension to Progressive on both of my bikes, much better feel and handling.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you measureing your fall away by the spec in the manual, or by the correct spec as per the tb? the tb lowers the number of swings to be in spec. mine is at 1 and i no longer have any 'shimmy' when i take my hands off the bars (i know, don't do that....)
"tb" ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts