Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my build thread. It will be slow from time to time, but I am a picture whore. I hope you all enjoy.

October 12, 2012 Stella came home.

We were inseparable from day one!

Some pictures of both my bikes together.

Just before the 1,000 mile service on the 11th day of ownership, I got under the clothing for a peek!

As of 10-25-2012: 1200 miles. Mods include Screamin Eagle Ventilator A/C.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Nice looking bike, good luck with the build and can't wait to see what you got going on in your shark tank (garage).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
October 26th 2012, the mods begin!

Quick Detach Tour pack and Wind Splitter screen.

Pulling things apart. The instructions provided with the kit are straight forward and easy to follow. Tour pack wiring is disconnected here.

Tour Pack removed

Subframe covers removed

Stock tour pack framing removed

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can really get a good visual of the attitude of the bike from here.

New plate holder, sub-frame covers and Pack docks installed

And everything back together.

I took my time and it took a good chunk of the day. After getting the docks and new frame on, the TP went on and off a few times so I could get the wiring squared away. I don't know what Harley is thinking but they provided like two different connectors, but the second seemed like it was only half there. I ended up cutting the plug from the main harness and splicing the provided Duetsch plug on. Hardest part was manning up to cut the wires! From there I stuffed the extra wiring under the seat and a side cover. Managed to get the antenna wires tucked away nicely. Will most likely have to fine tune some things.

And what kind of install would it be without a test run!

That concludes the mods for now. I couldn't be happier with the results! Now the question is, Do I start blacking it out or keep the Chrome? Pictures I have seen of the Ember Red with blacked out components look great, but the chrome is growing on me.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
everything going on my bike form here out is black...either would work very well with your red.Beautiful bike,keep the pics coming! red is my favorite color after black.

I'm going with black on mine cause I chromed out my other bike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
On deployment so I have had some time to research parts and future mods. Biggest thing on my mind right now are pipes and tuner. After talking with Fuelmoto I'm seriously considering the V&H Power Duals (black), Blackout Rounds and the Power Vision tuner. Now just have to wait it out until I get home. There is a chance I may lean back to the Rinehart slip ons if anyone has some leverage on them over the V&H mufflers.

A picture to make the wait just a liiiittle bit longer.

I'll also throw in another ongoing project of mine, the KLR650. This last time home I put new suspension under it and here it is in the transition.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I like 50/50 black to chrome on the RG my V-ROD was all black!! as far as exhaust i would call frank at Draggos after you talk to him gurantee you will write him a check!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Your killin me. Love the red, almost pulled the trigger on one Sunday but thinkin' I may just be keepin' the Merlot one I have.

Drago's has a new pipe coming out in the near future. I'm thinkin' its a 2/1/2. If you went with the 2:1 though you could run a ghost pipe on the left side to even things out if you like the look.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lost the fork reflectors today. Also had a snowball moment today. Started just a quick rinse to get all the dirt and bugs off then turned into a full wash. My last passenger rubbed on my side covers so waxed it out, then turned into a full on wax and detail.... But its looking good.

Rinse cycle

After wax

Planning on giving Frank a call next week sometime. Still on the fence between chrome and black. Been kind of hard considering letting the sparkle go. On top of that, having shiney chrome is a pride thing. I guess I can always change the tins if I decide to go another direction.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts