Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a run to stella's for a burger yesterday(yummm). About a block away this awful squeal came out of my rear wheel, we pulled into stellas and my brother says you hear that car, i said nope that was me. After a burger and a beer we headed to Holstein's HD.I went to the service dept and told them what was going on.Without any hesitation they had me in did a test ride and adjusted my drive belt and said i should be ok, in and out in under an hour! even as busy as they were.Great bunch of guys!! made it home heard the squeal a couple more times pretty sure its a wheel bearing.lucky me i have about 7 days left on my factory warranty. point of my story is how good i was treated by holsteins service dept,others could take a lesson.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Made a run to stella's for a burger yesterday(yummm). About a block away this awful squeal came out of my rear wheel, we pulled into stellas and my brother says you hear that car, i said nope that was me. After a burger and a beer we headed to Holstein's HD.I went to the service dept and told them what was going on.Without any hesitation they had me in did a test ride and adjusted my drive belt and said i should be ok, in and out in under an hour! even as busy as they were.Great bunch of guys!! made it home heard the squeal a couple more times pretty sure its a wheel bearing.lucky me i have about 7 days left on my factory warranty. point of my story is how good i was treated by holsteins service dept,others could take a lesson.
Uh ohhh! Well... let's hope you're right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lucked out

Took my bike to dealer to see what my issue is.was told they were swamped for at least a week but they would try to work me in. Service guy called late afternoon said I was good to go,someone didn't show for service.Anyhow they changed bearings in rear wheel, showed me bad one,half of balls were completely gone! I have to commend route 65 HD service dept. for getting me taken care of so quickly. Had myself all geared up to ride the OL's v star whew that was close!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
point of my story is how good i was treated by holsteins service dept,others could take a lesson.
but, if you had a bad wheel bearing and all they did was adjust your belt, did they really do you good? i mean, it's great that they got you right in, but they didn't really fix your issue.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had some great service at several dealers as well. Walters Brothers in Peoria and Indy West in Indianapolis both got me right back on the road never charging me anything but the price of the parts and a hand shake. Too bad they got you in so quick. I wanted to see you ride the OL's bike for awhile!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts