Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Kenwood marine grade deck with the Biketronics Retro Radio adapter. When I hit a bump, my music stops playing. When I'm listening to stored music from my phone through the blue tooth, it switches over to the USB chip. When I leave it on the USB and hit a bump, sometimes it just stops altogether. That makes me think it's something to do with the deck. I've had the fairing off, and everything is snug and connected. Bike is an 05. Looking for ideas before I dump this deck and look for another one. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
I've got a Kenwood marine grade deck with the Biketronics Retro Radio adapter. When I hit a bump, my music stops playing. When I'm listening to stored music from my phone through the blue tooth, it switches over to the USB chip. When I leave it on the USB and hit a bump, sometimes it just stops altogether. That makes me think it's something to do with the deck. I've had the fairing off, and everything is snug and connected. Bike is an 05. Looking for ideas before I dump this deck and look for another one. Thanks.

Dave
It could be the BT inerface also. Disconnect the BT inerface and see if it still does it.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
The BT stereo adapter has a built in AVC, automatic volume control, Gazso19 has been going thru this same ordeal for a couple of months. Contact BT to find out how to turn off their AVC and this will most likely solve a bunch of problems.

Also message Gazso19 for the full story regarding his speakers/amps and the same problems that were plaguing him. Took his fairing off at least twice at SW to work on the issue. He can put a pre-Rushmore fairing on and off blind folded now!

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could be the BT inerface also. Disconnect the BT inerface and see if it still does it.[/QUOTE]

I've ridden using just the USB with no Bluetooth enabled, and it still cuts out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BT stereo adapter has a built in AVC, automatic volume control, Gazso19 has been going thru this same ordeal for a couple of months. Contact BT to find out how to turn off their AVC and this will most likely solve a bunch of problems.

Also message Gazso19 for the full story regarding his speakers/amps and the same problems that were plaguing him. Took his fairing off at least twice at SW to work on the issue. He can put a pre-Rushmore fairing on and off blind folded now!

Calgaryglide
It's cutting out even when not using the BT. When I'm using just the USB chip it still cuts out. I look at the screen, and it says "reading". It will say that for a minute, then resume playing. Or, it won't play at all, and says, "No music found". Weird...

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
It could be the BT inerface also. Disconnect the BT inerface and see if it still does it.
I've ridden using just the USB with no Bluetooth enabled, and it still cuts out.[/QUOTE]
You still need to actually unplug the inerface from the back of the HU.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've ridden using just the USB with no Bluetooth enabled, and it still cuts out.
You still need to actually unplug the inerface from the back of the HU.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I'll try it tomorrow. Once I put it back together, I'll head down the road, and look for some bumps. Lol! If it works, what are my options if I want to use my Bluetooth for GPS and music through the HU?

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
You still need to actually unplug the inerface from the back of the HU.
Okay. I'll try it tomorrow. Once I put it back together, I'll head down the road, and look for some bumps. Lol! If it works, what are my options if I want to use my Bluetooth for GPS and music through the HU?[/QUOTE]
Your Bluetooth will still work with or with out the BT hand control interface.
If you don't experience any problems once you unplug the interface, it's the BT inerface and/or hand switch causing problems.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your Bluetooth will still work with or with out the BT hand control interface.
If you don't experience any problems once you unplug the interface, it's the BT inerface and/or hand switch causing problems.[/QUOTE]

Well, I found a loose wire and tightened that up. I didn't see any one wire specifically for the BT. Went for a ride, and it's still cutting out. Back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Here's the only harness that plugs into the hu.
What Kenwood model do you have ? You should have a wire going from the Biketronics inerface to the rear of the Kenwood HU.

PS. If your HU is ran through the inerface rather than just one remote wire, your kinda screwed. You would have to rewire your HU by it self to determine the problem. Do you have a amp hooked up too or just the HU ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What Kenwood model do you have ? You should have a wire going from the Biketronics inerface to the rear of the Kenwood HU.

PS. If your HU is ran through the inerface rather than just one remote wire, your kinda screwed. You would have to rewire your HU by it self to determine the problem. Do you have a amp hooked up too or just the HU ?
It's a KMR-M12BT. I don't have any separate wires. Just the one set. I do have an amp hooked up as well. Soundstream. I thought about just getting another deck to put in, just to see what happens. Just an el cheapo from Walmart to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then I'd get a new/better deck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts