Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed the RG this morning, as usual avoided getting a lot of water on the deck. After I dried it off, I changed out the CD and after that, it was dead. I checked the fuse and it's good, so not sure what to do next. It's only 2 months old and under warranty, but I figured I could find the prob.
Thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
You didn't by chance over look the on/ off button.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
i feel your pain...

I have never been comfy with putting water on the radio so I bought a 3 pack of shower caps for 2 bucks. One goes on the radio, one on my KN air filter and 1 on the ECM (I take the seat off).

Hopefully letting it sit will work, if not warranty that sucker! :)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i feel your pain...

I have never been comfy with putting water on the radio so I bought a 3 pack of shower caps for 2 bucks. One goes on the radio, one on my KN air filter and 1 on the ECM (I take the seat off).

Shower caps=genius. Going to get some tomorrow.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I guess I will wait and see if it works in the morning and start using shower caps too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I washed mine a couple of weeks ago and the radio was acting up so I shut it off for a few hours. Now I only have 1 speaker working, good thing it's still under warranty .

·
Registered
587 Posts
i feel your pain...

Great idea for the shower caps.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is a great time for a stereo upgrade. Come on, you know you've thought about it! :cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just checked and it's still dead...:mad:
Hey, just thought of this. I have a brand new stock radio that I took out of my 12 cvo if you want? Let me go snap a few pics for you.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Let me know if interested. I was going to keep it to throw back into bike if and when I sell or trade it, but I'd be willing to help a fellow forum member out for better than the going rate, whatever the hell that is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks I appreciate that and i might take you up on it after I visit my HD dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had one go dead, replaced under warranty, and now the new one has the screen go blank for days at a time. It still works, but the screen is just blank. It is still under warranty, but I have to leave the bike at the dealership and I hate being without my bike.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Here's how to handle that- show the service dude the Fedup radio in bike, (could be as easy as the cd skippin) then go home pull radio and have them send out, easy, put outer back on & ride bike, win win, if you get them to drop the $50 if under ESP

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i feel your pain...

Hope the wife doesn't notice a few gone. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone know what causes the thing to do dark? I'm sure it has something to do with a loose connection somewhere since I see it flash on and off when I ride on rough roads. I have pressed in on the underside and that will make it come back on. Just wondering if anyone knows what the fix is for it. I use the intercom a lot and even though it still works when I cant see the clock and station stuff it a real pain. Would dielectric grease work?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts