Road Glide banner

Stereo died today...

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  mike 
#1 ·
I washed the RG this morning, as usual avoided getting a lot of water on the deck. After I dried it off, I changed out the CD and after that, it was dead. I checked the fuse and it's good, so not sure what to do next. It's only 2 months old and under warranty, but I figured I could find the prob.
Thoughts?:confused:

#3 ·
You didn't by chance over look the on/ off button.

#4 ·
i feel your pain...

I have never been comfy with putting water on the radio so I bought a 3 pack of shower caps for 2 bucks. One goes on the radio, one on my KN air filter and 1 on the ECM (I take the seat off).

Hopefully letting it sit will work, if not warranty that sucker! :)

#11 ·
Hey, just thought of this. I have a brand new stock radio that I took out of my 12 cvo if you want? Let me go snap a few pics for you.

#10 ·
This is a great time for a stereo upgrade. Come on, you know you've thought about it! :cool:

#12 ·

#13 ·
Let me know if interested. I was going to keep it to throw back into bike if and when I sell or trade it, but I'd be willing to help a fellow forum member out for better than the going rate, whatever the hell that is. :rolleyes:

#17 ·
I had one go dead, replaced under warranty, and now the new one has the screen go blank for days at a time. It still works, but the screen is just blank. It is still under warranty, but I have to leave the bike at the dealership and I hate being without my bike.

#20 ·
Anyone know what causes the thing to do dark? I'm sure it has something to do with a loose connection somewhere since I see it flash on and off when I ride on rough roads. I have pressed in on the underside and that will make it come back on. Just wondering if anyone knows what the fix is for it. I use the intercom a lot and even though it still works when I cant see the clock and station stuff it a real pain. Would dielectric grease work?

#22 ·
Sense everything works I doubt its an external connection problem. Its more likely be a board in the unit it self going bad.

#24 ·
Iron Cross Audio said its the connection between the display head and the radio that causes the blankout. If I recall right, the radio unit is Harmon, but the display is somebody else. They fixed mine a year ago last spring and did all the updates for $275. Top shelf folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.