Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my stereo system and when I turn the switch to the ignition position I get a hiss, high pitch noise, the stereo could be in any mode, cd,radio,pandora etc. Now when I turn the switch to accessories it doesn't make that noise. I am assuming to have a poor ground. but I have ran my ground wire from the amp to 3 different positions on the chasis and I still have the noise. does my alpine stereo has to be ground it also?? I am running the HUA 360 from Hawg wired and the RS400 from Hawg wired. I have wired the ground from the stereo to the HUA360 as per instructions.......any ideas??? Please help!!!!!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I had the same thing happen, figured it probably had something to do with the EFI, I bought a cheap filter from e-bay, problem solved, I'll see if I can find the link, it's been over a year now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same thing happen, figured it probably had something to do with the EFI, I bought a cheap filter from e-bay, problem solved, I'll see if I can find the link, it's been over a year now.
Please find that link for me bro. I will appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you mount your amps ground wire at? I just finished my install last night and it did the same thing. I moved my ground from the chassis to the battery negati e and it sounds right now. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts