Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

SO I bought my 2010 Road Glide and it was pretty customized. I have built up several bikes to this point, but this is the first one I bought with other peoples work on it. I am tearing apart the sound system and I am unsure what would be the best way to wire it all back up. Attached is a pic of the components, only thing missing is I am installing some DD Horns in the dash so those will need to be added to the diagram. I know its a long shot and I am a stereo newbie sorta. can anyone take a look at the diagram and offer up some advice whether is bad or good. Just looking for some good avice to get this most of the setup.

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would think those horns will overpower your front stage. Also I'm not a fan of those amps, Rockford has some nice stuff but not those. If you want to run horns I would suggest some different speaks for the fairing (prob some PA's like MMats, or PRV's), drop the MM's in the lowers, and a better amp (depending on budget anything from a Soundstream TN4.900D, Arc Moto 600.4 etc.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think those horns will overpower your front stage. Also I'm not a fan of those amps, Rockford has some nice stuff but not those. If you want to run horns I would suggest some different speaks for the fairing (prob some PA's like MMats, or PRV's), drop the MM's in the lowers, and a better amp (depending on budget anything from a Soundstream TN4.900D, Arc Moto 600.4 etc.)
This is exactly what I was looking for. I looked up the Soundstream Amp. Would that be enough to power everything? I also looked up some PRVs. I am not opposed to replacing all the speakers, just looking for advice on what speakers could replace all six. When I said Lowers, I meant they are in the lower portion of the fairing. So I have Polks in the stock location then there is two more Polk installed in the inner part of the fairing firing towards the handlebars

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes the SS amp or the Arc will be enough to power all 6. I would run the horns and the PA's on the front channels and the other 4 off the rear channels in parallel. There are other amps that would work, these just happen to be 2 I am familiar with.

Contact Alex from Bagger Audio Lab for a deal on a set of PA's and his advice on the setup. He has great advice and won't steer you wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts