Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket (Sony) head unit on my 2006 Road Glide. Does anyone know of a splash guard/cover that will actually work with my stereo? Better yet, has anyone made one themselves to fit their stereo???

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I believe the major brand install kits use their own splash guards. Can you post a picture of what the radio looks like in the fairing? The Vtwin audio kit which is what I used may work depending on how the radio mounts. Another problem is the splash guards can run close to $90 just for the splash guard unless you can find one used

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That blue and silver looks good!!! Nice scooter Doug! That looks like an MEX-70bt. If it is, you don’t need a splash guard. I’ve had the MEX-70bt and sprayed it with the hose and ridden in pouring rain and in the end it was the face plate comingloose that did it in.
Thanks! The blue led back lighting in the gauges really made the dash look good, and matching blue back lighting in the stereo gave it the final touch.

The unit is a Sony MEX-GS610BT. The only issue that I had with it (which I recently corrected on my own) was the USB flash drive constantly losing contact due to vibration. I switched to a micro flash drive (less than 3/4 inch in length) and that solved the problem. Aside from that, I have yet to have been caught riding in a heavy downpour and when I wash the bike I keep the water away from the stereo and inner fairing as well.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
from what i can tell by looking at your picture i will say that the vtwin audio splash guard will not work with your set up. with that said, have you tried contacting scosche to see what or if they have one specific to their install kits

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good looking dash on your sled!! Love the blue lighting. I too have an 06. You might want to contact the folks at Biketronics, they might have something that will work for you. Have dealt with them several times over the years, good people and first class customer service!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good looking dash on your sled!! Love the blue lighting. I too have an 06. You might want to contact the folks at Biketronics, they might have something that will work for you. Have dealt with them several times over the years, good people and first class customer service!
Actually, I bought a cover from Biketronics a while ago, but it only fits with their install kit. I was trying to figure out a way to make it fit possibly by attaching some plastic pegs or shims on the edges. Seems to be a difficult job to make a cover or find one at all!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from what i can tell by looking at your picture i will say that the vtwin audio splash guard will not work with your set up. with that said, have you tried contacting scosche to see what or if they have one specific to their install kits
Thanks. The only cover that Scosche sells is for the Street Glide/Electra Glide.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I bought the vtwin audio kit on my old 2012. Absolutely well worth the money. I rode through some monsoons and never got my head unit wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts