Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory stereo and a Hogtunes amp that was on the bike when I bought it. The amp keeps blowing fuses. Also, I'd like to connect my phone by bluetooth.

From what I've seen the Aquatic is the only waterproof HU. I've been told others are water resistant and won't hold up to riding in the rain which always seems to happen on long trips. Also, I switched all my gauges to red leds, and support at Aquatic, said there's no changing the colors of the display or buttons.

I'm not a fan of the covers for non-waterproof receivers.

What are my options? If I end up going with the Aquatic, will I need an amp to listen with a short windshield at highway speeds?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi Harleywood; I have the Aquatic AV and I'm very happy with it. I have a 2001 SERG that came with a Radiosound HU (with the cassette-player!) and Hogtune speakers. I wanted a HU for my MP3-player and a Bluetooth connection - voila! I got a pair of J&M Performance 7.25" speakers with some tweeter-pods to match. I was considering an amp as well, but the AV actually does a good job on its own with the built-in 288W amp. I have a 12" Klock Werks Flare windscreen and enjoy my music at 60mph at mid-volume, above that the wind-noise ruins the experience and I have to play the music at max volume. As you know - riding with a half or 3/4-helmet compared to a full-face makes a huge difference. It all boils down to personal preference. So an extra amp might be necessary but why not try and see if the AV does the job, and get the extra apm later on if you have to. JMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I ended up going with the Jensen HD1BT to match my gauges and a Cerwin Vega B54, and installed them today. I need to upgrade the speakers now. I've read a bunch of good reviews on the Infinity Kappa 6211I, and they're a decent price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the factory stereo and a Hogtunes amp that was on the bike when I bought it. The amp keeps blowing fuses. Also, I'd like to connect my phone by bluetooth.

From what I've seen the Aquatic is the only waterproof HU. I've been told others are water resistant and won't hold up to riding in the rain which always seems to happen on long trips. Also, I switched all my gauges to red leds, and support at Aquatic, said there's no changing the colors of the display or buttons.

I'm not a fan of the covers for non-waterproof receivers.

What are my options? If I end up going with the Aquatic, will I need an amp to listen with a short windshield at highway speeds?

Thanks!
Jensen HD1BT is also waterproof and not a bad HU, I ran it on my 2011 SG before I had a volume issue, had purchased an Aquatic AV for the RG but when the issue started with the SG I changed the HU's out thinking that was the issue. come to find out it was the thumb control. I ended up leaving the AV in the SG and will be running the Jensen in the RG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts